Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mary Alice's First Book

I'm working on a post right now that will give everyone an update on what we have been up to these past few weeks. I just have to add a few pictures. I'll try to get that up tonight or tomorrow.

For now, I thought I'd post a little story that Mary Alice wrote today. She typed it on the computer and is now pasting the words to some stapled together color pages to create a book. Her first book! I am so proud! :)

I find it really funny that she can spell "scarecrow", but not some of the simpler words (back, girl, etc.) I guess it shows just how much we've been into the Wizard of Oz over the past few weeks.

Updates coming soon...


The Wizard of Oz Story
by Mary Alice Smith


Dorthey is sad Becas she is away from her parins. She waets to gat bak to her parins. And she waets to gat bak to Kansas.

Glenda the good witch is happy becas Dorthey came to her land.

The scarecrow is happy becus he has his brans

The tin man is happy becas he has his heart

The lien is happy becas he has his crig

The wikid witch is beying a bad garl.

1 comment:

summer said...

What a sweet, smart "garl" you have!