Friday, December 05, 2008

Our Family Thanksgiving

Our laptop had some issues a few days ago. Josh has been looking for a solution to the problem. Meanwhile, I have been without a computer for the last week or so, hence no Thanksgiving update. I am linking my blog to my sister, Taylor's blog. She took some GREAT pictures of our family Thanksgiving celebration at my parents' house. I think she captured everything perfectly. Her pictures are so much better than my words, anyway.

Also...an update on my mother... She had a port placed under her skin on Wednesday. The port is for the administration of medications involved with chemotherapy and links to a vein in her heart. She will begin chemo in a couple of weeks. Please pray for her. It has been a huge blessing to her and to us to see how many people love her and are committed to pray for her healing and strength. She is a trooper and continues to amaze me with her positive attitude and faith! We kept having to tell her to rest and to please stop doing so much at Thanksgiving. Sitting around is just not a part of her nature. :) Please keep her in your prayers.

I'm trying to get ready for our sweet little girl's arrival. The nursery isn't ready yet. Christmas presents aren't bought either. I'm way behind, but know that it will all work out in the end. I am very excited about a dresser that my sister's friend is painting for our little girl's nursery. Taylor's friend, Linde Giddens, is designing an extra special custom dresser for our girl. I am so excited to see what she will do! Look at this girl's fun website for yourself to see just why I am so excited.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, AGAIN, for the wonderful Chris Rice CD! I highly recommend it to any of his fans... You are very thoughtful!

Cannot wait for your little, precious arrival that will be coming oh-so-soon.

Love,
Tessa

Melanie said...

Can't wait to hear the news of this sweet girls' arrival!