Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Sweethearts On Valentine's Day

This year we had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We decided to stay at home instead of going out on a hot date. Josh and I discussed it last night after the kids went to bed and concluded that there was nowhere else we would rather be this Valentine's Day than at home with our kids.

Using some items from our craft box, the kids made valentines for each other and for us. Mary Alice made some yummy cupcakes from the cookbook that Aunt Miranda gave her for Christmas. She decorated the table and chairs. We even pulled out the china and the special glasses that Josh's Grandmother gave us and filled them with some celebratory sparkling cherry cider. It was a special night.



Milla sat in her bouncy seat while we got everything ready...(Notice Major's foot at the top of the bouncy seat. This is how he bounces her.)


Our Valentine's Day dinner... The kids always think things like this are really special. Major wanted to dim the lights and light some candles, so of course we did!



Milla sat along side the table in her Valentine's Day outfit. Thanks for the leggings, Meredith!



Here are the fancy cupcakes that Mary Alice made. I just love pictures of her sweet little hands.



In the kitchen with Mary Alice...


Milla loves her new bloomers! My friend, Julie, had them made just for her. Aren't they cute? Milla even wanted her hiney to be Valentiney. :)


And now... A few random bath pictures... Mary Alice took a bath with Milla last week. It was super cute! I got some good pictures of the event, but, for the sake of Mary Alice's modesty, chose not to post them. Milla likes to take baths with her sis.


After bath... When I take Milla out of the bathtub, I wrap her up in a towel and let her lay on the floor for awhile. She will lay there for several minutes, smiling and cooing. Then...EVERY TIME... she pees all over the towel. What a sweet girl!


Mary Alice was designing hats the other day while she was in the tub. Very chic, don't you think?

6 comments:

Hannah said...

What sweet kids! I will have to have a special dinner with Mary Alice when I come home for spring break. :)

BCLR Women said...

What a special evening! And baby Milla is so precious!!!!

Kim said...

That was from me...sorry, I was working on the women's blog!

Miranda said...

What a great Valentine's Day! Chad and I actually went out for an hour while Amber A watched Ranger. Hope to see you soon!

Agape1229 said...

So precious! I LOVE Milla's outfit! Mary Alice looks so grown up in her glasses, and Major is such a good big brother. Your kids are awesome. I approve of all of you. Just in case you might be awaiting my approval. :)

Christi McDaniel said...

You have the talent of making such special moments for your family. I hope to see you soon. It is strange not seeing you at church!