Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winter Picnic

Today was a perfect day for a picnic. The weather was beautiful! I love these little breaks from the winter weather that we get in this part of the country. Mary Alice packed what she called a "mystery lunch" for us. She insisted that it be a surprise and wanted us to wait until lunch time to find out what we would be eating. We swung by and picked up some of Mary Alice's home schooled friends and headed to the park for a winter picnic. I didn't get any pictures of the actual picnic part of our trip. (I was too busy trying to make sure that Milla stayed on the blanket and out of the mud.) We ate our PB & J sandwiches and rice crispy treats and then ventured out to enjoy the open play areas in our local park.

Here are a few pics from our play time at the park. Major paused his football game long enough to pick a handful of dandelions for his momma.


The girls played on the chin up bars. They were laughing so hard! Giggly girls...



Milla was so excited to try out her steps in the grass. She toddled all over the place.






She tried so hard to get inside this piece of playground equipment. First her head...


She put her left foot in...


She put her left foot out... (Notice the proud look on her face.)


She put her right foot in...


She put her whole self in...


She was having so much fun!


Here is the Maje doing his daredevil stunts on the swingset.


I swung on the swings for a while with Milla in my lap. She loved it. I, however, did NOT. I don't know what is wrong with me. A few minutes on the swing and I was DONE. It is so sad that swinging with my kids makes me feel so nauseated. I get motion sickness so easily these days. I must be getting old!

Here are the kids as we were getting ready to go. What a day!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milla's such a big girl! I posted that funny pic of her with Cherrios in her mouth on my blog as a "sneak peek" for her one year session. She's just a little doll! Sweet Maje...picking flowers for his momma.

-Taylor

Candice said...

So fun!

MA legs look so long! How are our girls so old???

Miranda said...

How fun!!!

Boswell Buzz said...

can't believe how big Milla is!

Anonymous said...

Love Milla's shirt! We had picnic day today too. :)