Thursday, February 04, 2010

Playing With Icing

The weather has been so cold and rainy lately. We've been stuck inside wondering what to do with ourselves. We thought it might be fun to play in some icing. Mary Alice baked the cake and made the icing. I gave the kids a little tutorial on how to ice a cake. They spent the rest of the afternoon icing and decorating their cake.





Future Cake Boss :) Seriously, I was WAY impressed with his little football.



They each decorated half of the cake. Major's half was a football. (His first choice was a Texas Rangers hat. After thinking about it for a while, he decided that a football would be much easier.) Mary Alice chose a field of flowers. :)




Milla scooted around in her pajamas leaving mayhem and destruction in her wake.






TA-DA!!! They are so proud of their cake and can't wait to show their daddy when he gets home.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! It looks like the apples don't fall far from the tree. Also, I see you're learning a few tricks of your own! The pics look great...amazing what turning the flash a little bit will do. :)

Miranda said...

What a fun idea! This weather is really bumming me out...too bad I can't give Ranger some icing to entertain himself!

Hannah said...

Whoa! Both Major and Mary Alice can ice a cake better than their Aunt Hannah. That's one of those skills that I've never acquired.

Amber Smith said...

Miranda,
I saw how Ranger attacked that cupcake at his birthday party... Ranger is DEFINITELY ready for some icing fun!!

The West Texas Hahns said...

How fun! I really am impressed at how amazing that cake looks. Using a little creativity always make a rainy day better!

Unknown said...

okay, that's pretty amazing, and very creative...a little better than my solution to the whole rainy days....lots of I Love Lucy episodes...

Unknown said...

Wow! I am impressed! I may have to hire your kids for our next birthday party!