Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day of School




Today was officially Mary Alice's first day of Kindergarten. Today was also Josh's day off, so we were able to go to breakfast as a family. We celebrated Mary Alice's first day of school over a very delicious breakfast. Our sweet girl is getting so big!

We originally planned to start school last week, but decided to take a vacation instead. :) This was our first vacation in 9 years!! We had an amazing time, but were so glad to get back to see our sweet kids! Josh and I went on a cruise. We went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozymel. Honestly, the itinerary didn't matter at all, we just wanted to have some time together. The cruise was just what we needed. We decided that we will definitely not be waiting another nine years to go on a vacation and that next time, we will take the kids.

Here are the best shots of us on our vacation. The others involve me in my swimming suit. Not happening... We spent lots of time on the beach while we were there. We also went snuba-ing, (which I highly recommend) and golfing in Cozymel.








Here are a few shots of Mary Alice on her first day along with a picture with Mary Alice and her teacher. :) I was a little disappointed in these pictures. It was a little overcast outside, so the lighting wasn't the best. She is as precious as ever, don't you think?

We're ready for a wonderful year full of learning and fun! I'm so excited...and so is she!







6 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I am anxious to hear what fun and exciting things you do for school this year!

Miranda said...

I can't believe she is starting school! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm so happy you and Josh went on a vacation...it was definitely time. See you this weekend!

Melanie said...

What a sweet post! Love the pic of Mary Alice and her teacher!

mcjacobsjournal said...

I've been wondering if we were going to see any pics from the big vacation! I"m so glad you guys had a great getaway. You definitely deserve it.

And, I think Mary Alice looks absolutely precious in her little dress. I look forward to many talks about our kindergarten years! I look forward to gaining wisdom from you!! Have a wonderful year. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the girl.

I'm glad I was able to hear about your vacation! Good thing I didn't see any shots of European women... ha

Love you guys!
Tessa

Kim said...

I love these pictures! You all look so happy! I hope you have a wonderful year homeschooling!

We have that same dress in navy! I love it! Thanks for letting me know abouy that great store!