Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This Post Is A Real Wiener

This past weekend, Josh was out of town so the kids and I went to my hometown to "Dachshund Days". There were people from all around who brought their wiener dogs to participate in this event. It was really funny. There were several dogs in costume, including a dog dressed as Elvis and several dogs in hot dog costumes. The kids and I had so much fun.

Oscar Meyer's weinermobile was at the event and was holding tryouts for the next singer of the Oscar Mayer wiener jingle. The kids had fun singing the famous "My bologna has a first name..." and "I wish I was an Oscar Meyer wiener..." They were each given a wienie whistle for their efforts. They were pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

We really wished that we hadn't sent our stray dachshund to animal control so soon. We would have liked to have had her around for the dachshund races. This was really really funny! At the event, they also had several "rescued" dachshunds that were waiting for adoption. Mary Alice mentioned how she really really really wanted to adopt a dog about a dozen times while we were there. Maybe one day...




One of the many silly costumed dogs at Dachsund Days




Mary Alice and The Maje in front of the wienermobile




Two buddies, getting ready...





Mary Alice, singing by herself...



Here are some pictures from today. I went out to the yard to work in the flower beds. Mary Alice pulled some huge blooms off of one of our crape myrtles and mads a little "field of poppies" for herself. Notice she is also wearing her ruby slippers. :)









Major, rounding the corner on his bike. He saw me with the camera and decided to be silly, as usual. He has been quite the jokester lately and constantly comes up with new ways to make us laugh.




More sillies from Major. I promise I didn't prompt this. I said, "Big smile, Major." This is what he did.



The girl laying in her "field of poppies". She has a medal around her neck that says "winner" on it. She wore it all day. I asked her why she was wearing the medal and she said, "It says "wiener" on it. I told her that it actually says "winner". I asked her why she would want to wear a medal that said "wiener" anyway. "Because I really really want a wiener dog," was her response. Good try, Mary Alice. Good try.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

So sweet! I love the pictures on this post! We saw the "weinermobile" in Tulsa but were sadly lacking on the dachsund days!

Miranda said...

There are just too many signs telling you to get a dog. You should probably listen to them.

Anonymous said...

SAVE STUMPY FROM THE POUND!!

Amber Smith said...

Chadito, You'll be happy to know that Stumpy and her owner have been reunited.

Kim said...

I laughed at that thumbs up picture of Major! That is too cute! This post was so cute! I loved the pictures of Mary Alice and major singing in front of the weinermobile. Too fun!