Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Tea Party 2007

Yesterday our house was transformed. It is now decorated with leftovers from another successful Christmas tea party. Bits of feather boa adorn the carpet throughout our house. Our pantry and refrigerator are stacked high with uneaten tea party treats. If you want to stop by and stuff yourself silly with Christmas cookies and hors d'oeuvres, please do. We'd love to have you. Don't mind the mess. And...if you don't have appropriate attire, we have plenty to share. Hats, boas, frilly girly things, and even a pirate costume if girly-wear isn't really your style. :) Merry Christmas fellow bloggers!



My girl...My favorite tea party guest...










Here is Major in his tea party costume. He was part pirate, part gladiator. There wasn't enough room for the Maje at the girls' table, so he sat on the floor next to the fireplace. He had a little place card just like the girls, except that his place card was decorated with a picture of a pirate and a sword instead of red Christmas ribbons... I felt sad for him to be eating all alone, but he didn't seem to mind.



My sister, Tessa, and her friend, Ashlee, came to get the girls fancied up for the tea party. They put some sparkly makeup on the girls and put fancy jewelry on them. Mary Alice loved her new look. She even commented that her blue eyeshadow looked "just like Giada". I wish I had gotten a better picture of Tessa and Ashlee's beauty shop. The other ones were too blurry to use.:(







I read the Christmas story to the girls. Here they are, painting their edible Nativity scenes. Notice that they used animal crackers in their scenes. I think I saw a seal in one girls' scene. I am aware that seals were not a part of the Biblical account of Jesus' birth. Hopefully this inaccuracy didn't confuse anyone too badly.






Sweet tea party girls....(Notice Major on the sidelines...) Mary Alice's only regret about her tea party was that her "best friend" and second cousin, Megan, wasn't there. If only Megan lived closer!



Silly tea party girls....

12 comments:

Kim said...

It looks like so much fun, Amber! I love the edible nativity scenes!!! Such a great idea!

You must be such a blessing to your children!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

what a sweet tradition.

i keep taking some of your ideas to file away for when we have kids. Amber, you are a great mom and very creative.

Merry Christmas
Susan

Katie said...

Oh I love the edible nativity scenes! Those are great! And I say bring on the seals--who cares if there weren't any seals in Bethlehem, God loves all the animals!

Phillips Family said...

Seriously, you are such the creative mom!!! What fun! Sweet Major cracks me up with his costumes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for inviting Torie. She had a blast!! We will look forward to it every year! Merry Christmas!

Miranda said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad Major didn't seem to mind being on the outskirts. Maybe you should come up with some kind of boy party for him...lots of tackleing, running, screaming & ball-throwing. I'll provide the Advil. Love you guys!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Looks like another successful tea party at your house!! I love that you do this every year. And, I'm definitely using your edible nativity idea for next year. That is precious! (And, I was cracking up at the seal in the stable....hilarious.) Glad it was a success and I hope you got some rest today after all the busyness of preparing!

Y'all have a wonderful Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amber! This is John S. from Lubbock on MaMa's computer! She is with me and tells me to tell you to get the site updated!! She loves it! Mama says, "I really enjoy the pics of the tea party and ornaments! We will check back to the site every weekend to see what is happening. I love you!"

Traci said...

I love reading about Mary Alice's tea parties each year. The girls look like they are having so much fun! I feel bad for Major but he looks like he is having a great time as well.

I really wish I had your creativity and your energy to do cool things like this! Your children are VERY lucky! :)

Barefeet Photography said...

A friend and I just watched JUNO. You seriously remind me of Jennifer Garner in that movie. Tessa and I both thought so. When's your next post going to be up?

Chad said...

Okay your house is SO not boring... do you really need to be tagged by your brother-in-law?

summer said...

Been missing your posts! Hope all is well with your sweet family.