Monday, December 10, 2007

My Little Giada



Today was Mary Alice's ballet class. Her teacher went around the room and asked each little girl what they would like for Christmas and what they were thankful for. The little girls each described one thing on their Christmas wish list. Most of them wanted some kind of a little horse that eats carrots. A few wanted dolls. When it was Mary Alice's turn, she described to the teacher how much she desperately wants this. The thing that my daughter wants more than anything is a pancake puff machine so she can make delicious puffy little pancakes to her heart's content. She told me that if she receives this pancake puff maker, she will definitely be making me breakfast each morning. Sounds pretty good, huh? I'm thinking for less than $20, I can cook one less meal each day.



My girl LOVES cooking. She would rather be cooking than doing nearly anything else. Another thing that she loves right now is the food network. Occasionally, we watch it together. We stayed up late the other night watching a Pie Making Championship. I think that fueled the desire for us to try our hand at a few pies. With the exception of the sour one that I described a few days ago, they have turned out alright. About the food network.... The chef that she loves more than anyone else is Giada on Everyday Italian. She thinks she is so beautiful and creative and wants to be a wonderful cook one day just like her. Anyway.... I bought something at a store the other day and received some free sample perfumes. Mary Alice smelled each scent until she found one that she really liked. She said, "This one smells SO good! You know, it smells just like something that Giada would wear!" So in case you're wondering... Japanese Cherry Blossom from Bath and Body Works will make you smell just like Giada. :)




One more thing.... I just remembered that I never showed you the puppets that the kids made. They had fun performing a puppet show for their Grumpy, Nonnie, Uncle Chad and Aunt Miranda on Thanksgiving. The puppets still had a few issues, just not nearly as many as the first puppets we made together.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

MA and mine would love to cook together! My kids love to "create" something. They like Ace of Cakes and the food challenges as well.
I want the pancake puffer as well! What a cute gift!

Phillips Family said...

Mary Alice kind of looks like a younger version of Giada. That is so cool that she loves cooking so much...what a great environment to learn and just spend time talking with you!

Miranda said...

Wow...Chad and I were watching the Pancake Puffs commercial just the other day and laughing together about all the things you can make with this device! Hehe...she is so sweet! As long as she stays away from "pizza puffs" we'll be okay. Love that girl!!!

jenny biz said...

I will have to check out this "Giada". The puppets look like so much fun!

Nicole said...

I love the food network and I love Giada! How does she stay so slim when she's always cooking those fantastic meals?!?!

By the way, I just read several of your posts in a row because I have been delinquent in reading blogs lately. I love your post with pictures of all your ornaments. I actually remember several of those on your tree and it's great that some things never change. You definitely win the award for the most colorful and eclectic tree! You would be so bored with mine. All of the sentimental (AKA non-matching) ornaments are on the back of the tree. Hey, at least they are ON the tree. :-)

Unknown said...

I like Giada, too! I also think it is great that Mary Alice likes cooking with you. That is such a fun time for you to spend together. Maybe Santa should bring Mary Alice a Giada cookbook?