Sunday, January 25, 2009

Milla Update

I think it is true what they say... With Mary Alice, and even with Major, my days were spent holding a camera, snapping away, getting hundreds of pictures of my precious newborn in their first weeks of life. I don't feel like I have as much time for that type of crazed photojournaling with Milla. Perhaps it will get better as the weeks turn into months. For now, though, you can enjoy a few of the pics that have been snapped of our precious Milla in the last few weeks. She is a doll. I actually enjoy getting up with her for those middle of the night feedings most of the time. :) Her sweet little face makes the lack of sleep totally worth it. :) She is developing into quite a chunk. I love it!!! I love seeing those fat rolls appear, because I know that the more quickly the fat appears on her sweet face, the sooner it will disappear off of my body!

Milla is a bit of a fusser. She likes to be held all of the time, and rarely sleeps in her bed. I am hoping that she will outgrow it. A sling would be nice at this point. My arms sometimes need a break. Milla seems to know if I am holding her, or an imposter. She is brilliant and discerning already! :)

Here are a few pics of the girl. I especially love the ones of Milla and her Superbrother. He loves her more and more all the time. Whenever she cries, he tries hard to comfort her, which usually involves pushing a button to make music or waving a stuffed toy in her face. So sweet. He is a good brother, not such a good comforter, but a very good brother.

I just joined Facebook, at the long time urging of my sisters. (They have been bugging me about it for more than a year!!!) I finally caved in! I have been enjoying connecting with lots of people that I haven't seen in years. It has really been fun, but, more than that, is an excellent way to keep in touch better with my brothers and sisters. I have learned so much about them already. People have been asking me to post pics of Milla, but I simply haven't had time.

Okay...gotta go... Milla is calling me. :) Enjoy the pics of our double-chinned cutie!




















14 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful! Our 3rd is a bit fussy also....still! I feel like I have held her, walked her, bounced her around, and just tried so hard to keep her happy-ish for the past 14 months. It is not easy, especially since there are so many other things that need to be done for the other 2 little ones. But hang in there. I keep telling myself that if Miller pulled through his 2 year long "fussy stage" then any baby can:) I know you guys are enjoying her so much! She is lucky to have a super-brother!

Traci said...

Oh, Amber- she is SO pretty! I love her name, too. Mary Alice and Major are going to be the best siblings to her!

Congrats! :)

Melanie said...

She's so sweet. She looks like Major to me. It will get better! I loved those middle of the night special bonding moments.

summer said...

She is so sweet and beautiful! Glad things are going well!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I am SO happy for your guys...and I agree about those night time bonding moments...when no one else is awake and its just you and that sweet baby!

MereMoore said...

yea!! i have been waiting for more pics! she is a DOLL!

Anonymous said...

The Superman pics are my favorite! Didn't your brother used to go disguised as Superman everywhere he went?

Amy L. Jackson said...

She has changed even in the past few weeks! What a precious baby.

Miss seeing you, and take care!
Love, Amy

Jordan said...

Oh, she's just absolutely breathtaking!

As far as the sling goes, they are AWESOME! I had one with Phoebe and I'm not sure how I ever had a baby without one. I was given one and then bought one from hotslings.com. They might seem a little pricey, but they are worth every single penny. (You can also find patterns online if you have a crafty friend!)

Super brothers are great!

Unknown said...

So cute! I do love the Superhero pictures. Good thing Milla has Superman serving her best interests exclusively. : ) Jackson was fussy, too. He LOVED being held a little too much. In hindsight, I should have purchased a sling or a baby bjorn. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Miranda said...

She is so cute!! Thank you so much for driving over yesterday to spend some time with us. Ranger misses his cousins already!! We love you!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little girl, and I love the name, how unusual and lovely!

Joni said...

Amber she is absolutely beautiful!! Looking at those pics makes me wish we were closer b/c I just want to hold her!! She is so sweet:)

candice said...

What a beauty!