Monday, December 14, 2009

Kidnapped!

Every year, we have a Christmas tea party for Mary Alice. This year, we decided to spice things up a bit. Instead of tea, we had breakfast. Instead of them coming to us, we came to them...early...VERY early...in the morning. We had a kidnap breakfast for our girl. It was a hit!

First we woke our kiddoes up super early in the morning and gave them their Christmas Eve pajamas.


Milla was SUPER excited! She knew something fun was happening!



In this picture, Milla is squealing with excitement.


We piled into two cars and took off to begin kidnapping Mary Alice's friends. This started a little after 6 in the morning. It was still dark outside. I didn't take any pictures until we picked up the last girl, around 7:30. Josh caught all of the surprise wake up calls on video, though. :)

Here are some of the bunch leaving the last girls' house.



Back into the car...


At our destination... This year, we held Mary Alice's party at my parents' house. Mary Alice loved the change of location. It was really special.



Quick pose for the camera...


I couldn't get over Milla's reaction to everything at my parents' house. She was fascinated by all of the beautiful Christmas decorations. Her little voice said "Pretty!" more times than I can count! The hat that Milla is wearing was made by Mary Alice. A family friend showed her how to do it. Isn't it cute? I'm waiting on Mary Alice to make one for ME. Please give her a hint, will you?


Major got to participate in waking up the girls and even got to eat breakfast with his cousins, Landon and Jonah. They are becoming best buddies.




Here is Santa Gran with Mary Alice. Thanks to Gran for all of her hard work! Everything looked beautiful! When I asked Mary Alice what her favorite thing about the breakfast was, she said, "the hospitality..." I think Mary Alice was referring to the fun extras that Gran always has at her parties. Hospitality is definitely my mom's gift!:)






Here is Miss Milla Josephine Smith in the Christmas pj's that I bought her on clearance a month before she was born. I thought I was playing it safe by choosing size 12-18 months. These long johns were a little bit more like short johns for our girl, who is now in size 18-24 months. Who would have thought that that sweet little tiny thing who popped out a little over a year ago would be so BIG now???



Milla had PLENTY of attention during the party.



Just thought I'd post these three pictures in a row. First, Mary Alice is holding Milla. She looks pretty heavy.


This was almost a picture of Milla being dropped on her head. Thankfully, Mary Alice's reflexes were quick.


Perhaps we should put Milla down for the last picture?


And finally...Here are the girls watching Josh's video of their early morning moments. It was hilarious!


Hope you and yours are enjoying this holiday season!

4 comments:

Alisha Stewart said...

Ya'll are so much fun! That was such a clever idea.. Wish you could post the video!

Monica F. said...

What a cute idea!! I love it! I can't wait to do stuff like that with my kids. I try to do as much as I can with Rachael but don't have her all the time so it's hard!

Christi McDaniel said...

How fun! When I was a senior in high school, Sarah M.'s mom did the same thing for her. We had so much fun! I still have the pictures!

The West Texas Hahns said...

I hope you post pictures of Milla's birthday party soon! This kidnapped breakfast was such a fun idea!