Thursday, July 01, 2010

Boston Day 3

On day three of our trip, we woke up a little later than the day before, hopped on the subway, and walked to the Back Bay Area of Boston. The Back Bay Area has many exclusive retailers, more than I've ever seen in another city. I've never been to New York, but I imagine parts of New York would look like this. I cannot imagine how costly it must be to live in this area or how so many of these super fancy retailers could be thriving financially. It was crazy! We walked through this area, not stopping to shop. Josh kept begging and begging me to shop, but I politely declined. :)



We were going to be out late that night, so we decided to spend much of the day just hanging out and spending time together. We grabbed some lunch at a fun local burrito place, and then headed out for a picnic at Boston's Public Gardens. The closest thing I've seen to the Public Gardens is the Dallas Arboretum. On a scale of 1-10, the Dallas Arboretum would be a 5. The Public Gardens was a 10 AND it was FREE.

The Public Gardens had these beautiful swan boats and offered rides around the pond throughout the day. It was absolutely gorgeous, like something out of a fairy tale. The park was decorated with beautiful flowers and historical statues. Josh and I sat on a bench and people watched and talked. It was very entertaining. The weather was perfect!



















Josh and I caught a movie in downtown Boston. I was so tired from walking around the day before that I actually fell asleep during the movie, which is something I've never done. :)

We caught a subway that evening and were off to the Red Sox game...



Here is a pic on the subway. I must say, the subway is not my fave. I've learned that I am a little bit claustrophobic. This is a pic on the way to the game. On the way back, it was about twice this packed! People were pushing and cramming in together on the way home. I stuck close to Josh.



Fenway Park was A-MAZING. The atmosphere was so fun. It had sortof an old-timey feel. Our seats were old wooden chairs that looked as old as the stadium. There were so many people hanging out outside of the park before the game. It was a carnival-type atmosphere with fun foods,




a man on stilts throwing baseballs to the crowd,



and a fun little band playing tunes.







I thought this was funny. At Fenway Park, along with hot dogs and peanuts, they sell clam chowder to the fans. :)



My favorite part of the game was sitting next to this guy. :)



Day three ended our stay in Boston. I will write about our trip into the other parts of New England as I have time. More to come later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you all enjoyed your trip and am looking forward to hearing about the rest.

-Tessa

Anonymous said...

Chris and I went there the first year we were married and loved it too! I am enjoying reliving our trip through your pics and words. Glad you got to go :)

Rebecca McLain