Saturday, July 03, 2010

New England Trip-Final Post

This picture was taken on the last day of our trip. We packed our bags and said goodbye to our friends at the B&B.


We drove along the coast of Maine toward Boston, stopping at a few coastal towns along the way. We saw this lighthouse up close at Bass Harbor.





We stopped for lunch in the quaint little town of Camden, Maine. I LOVED this cute little town. It had the most fun little shops with cute names like "Josephine's" and "The Smiling Cow". It was very cute. We ate sandwiches and fish-and-chips at a little restaurant there "The Mariner's Restaurant".



We walked around the town for a little while before jumping back into the car and heading back to Boston.


The next day, we left our hotel and went to the airport. We were one step closer to seeing our kiddoes again. :)

Okay, I am posting this next picture entirely for the benefit of my mom. You know how they say that every person has a twin somewhere in the world? Well, during our travels, I happened to spot several people's look-alikes. We saw a man working on the runway at the Boston airport who looked just like a twin of our friend, Terry Brantley. Then, while we were at the Red Sox game, I noticed that the woman sitting in front of us eerily resembled Josh's mom. On our return trip, I spotted this man waiting to board our plane. It was freaky to me how much he looked like my mother's dad. Naturally, I pulled out my camera and sleuthfully tried to get a pic of him. This was the best I could do. :)


Home sweet home! Here are our kids. They spent a week with my parents while we were gone. I love these sweet little buddies and hated leaving them for such a long time. Here they are, holding some of the unique (and inexpensive) souvenirs we picked up for them on our trip. Included are lobster lollipops, a shower cap and bar of soap from our B&B, shells from the beach in Maine, a Red Sox Pez dispenser, and a barf bag from our airplane. There is no need for souvenirs to be expensive. :) The kids loved their little "treasures" just as much as we loved the price. :)


So that about wraps it up for our Boston trip. We had so much fun! When I finally stepped off of the plane and back into the stifling Texas heat it felt so good to be home again. New England is wonderful! I'd love to go back for a visit again some day, but this Texas girl loves her home state. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS THE CLOSEST I WILL EVER BE TO SEEING THE NEW ENGLAND STATES. THANKS FOR THE PICTURES AND FOR PAINTING A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE IN WORDS.
GRANDMOTHER

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amber for sharing your trip with us. I would love to visit New England someday and now I know who to go to for traveling tips. Thanks again Tammy

Hannah said...

Wow! That guy really did look like Papa! Freaky! I;m glad you had fun in New England. I miss you guys and will see you soon!

Jordan said...

I just spent a little while looking back over the posts of your trip. It was so much fun! Brad and I went to Boston about six years ago and we LOVED it! I want to go back...especially after seeing your posts! We were there in January so our trip was a bit different, but still so much fun. Thanks for all the pictures! :)

Unknown said...

Okay, so I guess I don't check your blog enough, little pregnant lady! Congrats to that!