Monday, December 18, 2006

Loop Christmas

We just got back from Josh's extended family Christmas in the tiny west Texas town of Loop. The trip was quick, but fun. We arrived quite late Saturday night. Mary Alice was so excited to finally be at Grandmother and Grandad's house that she failed to notice the glass front door and ran right into it!! Our girly girl is very accident prone. She wasn't hurt, but instead started laughing, ran inside and jumped straight into Grandmother's lap. That silly girl.

Josh's entire extended family on his dad's side meet up twice a year, once in the summer, and once at Christmas. It is always fun to see everyone and how their families grow and change. The kids especially enjoy it, because they actually have some "cousins" their age that they can play with. There is always lots of laughter and good times at the Loop Christmas.



Mary Alice and her cousin Megan. These two played so well together. Mary Alice was sad to leave her little friends on Sunday.



Nonnie with Mary Alice and the Maje. I think Mary Alice looks a little bit like her Nonnie.




Josh's dad-Kent, Josh, Major, and Josh's Grandad-Homie in a four generation Smith picture. Josh's Grandad was especially funny and sweet this year. I couldn't stop laughing at his stories of his mischievous youth. He was quite a prankster back in the day! All of these guys are rascals if you ask me, though. :)



Speaking of rascal, isn't this little one cute? We had so much fun watching Josh's cousin's daughter, Sierra, crawl around and play. She is the happiest little thing ever. Josh and I wanted to take her home with us. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite picture is of Sierra. I think I might be a bit partial! I said you could take her home. Just when she gets cranky. I think she was a big hit at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

We had a great time at Christmas and it was good to see everyone.Thanks for making the trip.
You guys need to come to Hereford and see us!!
Deon

Amber Smith said...

Deon-
We would love to come stay with you guys! Actually, Josh and I were talking about just that on the way out of Loop yesterday. We always have fun with Homer's Loop Crew. We're so glad we went.

Erica said...

All the pictures are precious! Looks like you had lots of fun in West Texas. Hope you have a blessed Christmas and New Year!

Unknown said...

Sorry to comment so late, but I just wanted to say that your pictures are so cute! I love Mary Alice's little monogrammed dress, and the 4 generation picture is such a good one! Also, I think I can see the resemblance of Mary Alice and Nonnie, but I also think she looks a whole lot like her mommy!