Saturday, January 06, 2007

Belated Christmas News



I don't know what has gotten into me the last few weeks!!! We've had alot going on, plenty of things that I definitely wanted to record in my blog. I just haven't felt like blogging at all! Josh and I have been having fun with our nightly Smallville-athon. We've slowly made it through the last several seasons and are just about to finish up season 5. That has taken up a little of my time, as has my new hobby, wrangling Major. The kid has had some serious attitude problems the last few days. We blamed it on him being sick for a little while, but have come to the conclusion that he is just a foul tempered boy right now. So, most of my day goes like this.... Get up, train Major, eat breakfast, discipline Major, get the kids dressed, discipline Major, etc. etc. etc. It is pretty sad to be spending so much time redirecting and training Major, but time that must be spent. I just hate weeks like this!! I would rather have fun with my kids than to constantly have to focus on their bad behavior. My boy does have his sweet moments, but they are few and far between right now. Ugh!!!






So, I guess I should recap Christmas... We went to Frisco to see Josh's family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. The kids had so much fun! We went ice skating on Christmas eve, which is something that I hadn't done in years! (I have some bruises on my legs to prove it!) Thankfully, I was able to make it around the rink without too much humilation and shame. Mary Alice LOVED ice skating and laughed every time she fell down. Her jeans were soaked by the time we were finished ice skating. The girl did much better than Josh and I thought she would do and was even courageous enough to try skating for a while on her own. It was very special, something that I would love to take her to do again soon. The Maje was too little to skate and kept asking if he could skate "when it gets to be another year". Chad let little Major get in on the fun by skating around the rink with him a few times, something none of the rest of us were brave enough to do!

I really enjoyed Christmas morning this year, much more so than in past years. No real reason, other than that the kids seemed to be really excited. We told them that they couldn't get up until at least 7:00. We realized that Mary Alice had been too excited to go back to sleep, but had been anxiously awaiting the clock striking 7:00. I think she was closing her eyes and trying to go to sleep, but just kept checking the time, for a whole hour! So silly! I remember the feeling, though. When I was little, I remember getting up at 5:00 in the morning to go check out what goodies Santa brought.




It is so fun to give your children presents. This is something that I just love to do! For many reasons, we rarely treat ourselves to buying our kids gifts, so when we do get a chance to shop for them, it is always such a joy!! This Christmas we got to give things to our kids that we'd been dying to buy for them and got to watch them give carefully chosen gifts to others as well. A highlight for me was watching Mary Alice get so excited about giving the presents that she bought for her family. Santa brought Mary Alice a play kitchen, which is something that she's been wanting for a long time. Santa brought Major a golf ball machine that gives you your balls one at a time along with some plastic golf clubs. It was funny, though, that Major seemed even more interested in Mary Alice's pink play kitchen. They played together for a long time on Christmas morning. So cute!


Another extra fun gift they received was a Veggie Tales Dance pad from Nonnie. Our whole family has had lots of fun with the dance pad. And, little did I know that my husband of eight years, is a dancing machine!!! He can boogey to The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything with the best of em!
Ok, I'm tired of writing, and apparently, there was an error of some kind. My HTML code "cannot be accepted." Blah. I really wish I was a computer genius and could figure out these problems on my own, but I guess I'll have to wait until my hottie husband comes home to help me solve my computer woes. Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how big they have gotten!

Now, how are you and Chad related again, I forgot.

Glad you guys had a merry Christmas

hollyfouts said...

The kids look cute in their hats and pj's. Miller seems to be in the same mood as Major lately....difficult to deal with. Avery said yesterday, "even though Miller is so fussy, he is still my little brother and I still love him." I think I needed her to remind me to not be so frustrated with him:)

Alisha Stewart said...

Your situation is all too familiar to me. We spend lots of time retraining after we have been on vacation with Landon. He gets so many spesh's while visiting family that he becomes spoiled and we get to unspoil him when we get home. Maje is a sweet boy though and I know he'll get over this phase quickly.
We had lunch with MaMa today and let her listen to the cd of the kids. She said it gave her chill bumps and that Major reminds her of Mayre in that she was singing all the Sunday school songs at 18 months. Must run in the family:)
Miss you guys!!

Melanie said...

This has been grumpy Carter week. I too blamed it on him getting over sick, but he's definitely not sick anymore! I'm right there with you sister!!

Amber Smith said...

Ashley-
Chad is married to Josh's sister, Miranda.
Carley has gotten so big too! I used to think she looked just like her daddy, but I'm thinking she definitely has some Corey traits too. Good to hear from you!

Kristen OQ said...

A Veggie Tales Dance pad -- that sounds like a fun present for everyone for sure!

Looks like your Christmas was fun and enjoyable.

Traci said...

Your kids look so cute!!
You still look awesome, too.

I am so impressed that Mary Alice was in a play. She looked so grown up. Kylie would have loved to have seen her!! (See how behind I am!)

Let us know if there are any other plays!