Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tag From Alisha

Alisha tagged me to do this fun MeMe. I know that you are all so excited to read all about me. :)

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago in July... That would be 1997. I was nervously getting ready for pledging. I was probably buying my tea dress or something. That seemed very important at the time. (Funny how I just sold that dress for $.50 in my garage sale last week.)

It was the summer before my sophomore year in college. Josh and I were dating. Things were really starting to get serious. He drove all the way across Texas each week to see me. I think I drove to see him once. He let me ride on his tractor with him one day… ALL DAY. It was a very emotionally draining summer. A big time of positive change for me…

2. What were you doing one year ago?
Taylor was living with us. I was probably goofing around with her during much of the month of July.

3. 5 snacks you enjoy-
chips with french onion dip, cream cheese, string cheese, apples with crunchy peanut butter, hummus and crackers

4. 5 songs you know all the words to-
Just five??? Song lyrics happen to be a specialty of mine. I know the lyrics to so many songs, so I’ll just name a few
I picked up through the years for fun… Here, There and Everywhere (The Beatles), Straight From the Heart (Bryan Adams), Tomorrow (from Annie), Me and Little Andy (Dolly Parton), Little Things (Oak Ridge Boys) + many many hymns…

5. 5 things you would do if you were a millionaire-
Pay off our debt, Give to the church/missions, Give large anonymous gifts to people who really needed things, shop at Central Market every week, employ a full time person whose talents included hairstyling and personal training. This person would also force me to go to the gym each day.

6. 5 bad habits-
Only 5??? I have so many!!! Interrupting (usually because I am afraid that I’m going to forget what I am going to say), Not being a good listener, Forgetting something that Josh told me to do (I know this has gotten worse with age!), Ignoring people when they are talking to me (I get really focused on what I am doing and can’t hear anyone else who is trying to get my attention.), NOTICE A THEME HERE??? Worrying and obsessing about unimportant small things instead of giving them to God or remembering that they are no big deal.

7. 5 things you like doing-
Reading, Writing, working outside, being with my children, hugging babies

8. 5 things you would never wear again-
Pleated pants, big bangs, a toe ring (Josh doesn’t like them PLUS I have ugly toes.), jelly shoes, high waisted jeans (I heard that these are coming back!!! What?!? I really hope not!!)

9. 5 favorite toys-
The piano, the computer, hair products, My Cuisinart (makes cooking so much easier!), my library card

4 comments:

Holly said...

You are so funny! :) Hope you had a great garage sale! :)

Alisha Stewart said...

Looks like I'm going to have to return that toe ring I bought for you. I thought everybody loved those:)
What are you guys doing this Saturday? Adam is on call so we were thinking about coming up.

jenny biz said...

Oh those days of traveling back and forth to see each other!! Those were such fun days!!

Melanie said...

Cute list!