Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Great Wolf Lodge

When Josh asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year, I requested that we take the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge. I could think of no better present than spending a night with the kids at this exciting place. Major had never been to a waterpark. Mary Alice hadn't been to one since she was a tiny thing. The kids had so much fun exploring this wonderland of a place. The waterslides and attractions were suited for kids Mary Alice and Major's age. It was amazing! The only real bummer was the neverending case of mastitis that I was trying to overcome during the trip. All in all, though, it was a great little getaway with our kiddoes. Here are some pics from our little adventure.


"Storytime"- The kids were supposed to wear their pj's to this nightly event. In our opinion, WAY too loud! Little robots sang and danced around...Mildly amusing...We decided that we much prefer reading our own bedtime stories. I did enjoy hugging on the kids, though.



The kids playing skeeball...


(Milla hanging out in her usual spot, her stroller) For about a month, now, she has been too big for her carrier. This poses a problem, because she isn't sitting up yet. She is too heavy for me to carry around all of the time. She can be seen cruising around almost everywhere in her sweet ride.



Here are some pics of the kids inside the waterpark.







Last of all, here is a pic of Milla at her daddy's softball game. The Lombard girls were her first paid babysitters. They wheeled her around in her stroller during Josh's game. They said that she was very well behaved. The picture tells otherwise. I think she missed me. :)



5 comments:

Miranda said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun! It also looks like you had some great babysitters...smiling away even while Milla was crying. :-)

See you this afternoon!

Hannah said...

"well-behaved" means she didn't try to run away and/or stab someone. :)

Amber Smith said...

Hannah-
Oh! Now I understand! :)

Unknown said...

I have looked into taking the kids there this summer. I was vetoed and told that we had to wait a few years. Looks like you had a good time.

Amy L. Jackson said...

Looks so fun...we will have to add that to our list of "things to do!"
Happy (belated) BIrthday!