Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Just Pretending

Just something cute that I wanted to jot down before I forgot it...

We were sitting at the breakfast table this morning and Mary Alice looked like she was deeply thinking about something.

Mary Alice: "Isn't God a miracle?"

Me: "Yes, I guess he is."

Mary Alice: "He is the REAL Creator, mom."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Mary Alice: "We like to pretend that we are creators. We like to pretend that we are in charge. Create means pretend."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Mary Alice: "Well, we like to create that we are grandmas or mommies or princesses or something, but we aren't really creating. God is. He is the Creator and is the One who is in charge."



I thought, "Wow!" That is something that I don't even get sometimes, remembering that I am not in control, but am just "pretending" that I am in charge sometimes.

One more note: Mary Alice also said that she does not like to create (pretend) to be a Grandma. Why? Well, because she doesn't like to have short curly hair, of course!

5 comments:

jenny biz said...

It always amazes me how much God chooses to teach us through our kids. That is a precious story!

Holly said...

I just love Mary Alice stories. :)

Unknown said...

Mary Alice is certainly wise beyond her years! I do love that she doesn't want to have short curly hair!

Kristen OQ said...

Out of the mouths of babes...right? A wonderful lesson for this grownup from a smart little girl.

Traci said...

She is such a smart and insightful little girl!

Did you get my email?