Friday, April 21, 2006

Do You Fart A Lot?

I took Mary Alice in to have her hair cut today. Inside the hair salon, there was a bulletin board, that was filled with various advertisements/coupons/job opportunities, etc. One of the signs caught my eye. The advertisement read:

DO YOU FART A LOT?
WE CAN HELP.
(_______ CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC)
CALL US.
1-800-888-3434




I was thinking: "What in the world???? What is this all about?" (I have never really believed in the power of a chiropractor. I've heard too many crazy stories that make me have as much faith in chiropractors as I have in a professional voodooist.) "Now," I was thinking, "They are trying to draw in crowds that suffer with intestinal problems? This is just ridiculous!!!" I was in disbelief at the lack of professionalism in this advertisement and just about to call Josh to tell him about the funny sign I had seen. I walked across the room to read it just one more time so that I could correctly recite the ad to Josh.

As I looked closer, I discovered that what the sign actually said was this:



DO YOU HURT A LOT?
WE CAN HELP.
(_________ CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC)
CALL US.
1-800-888-3434



Maybe I need to make an appointment to see the eye doctor?

6 comments:

Erica said...

Thanks for the laugh. That sounds like something that I would do. I am glad to know there is not a Doctor for farting now.

Maybe you need to go see Erin's husband since he is an optometrist.

Traci said...

I got a weird deja vu when I read this. Funny and retro!!

Kristen OQ said...

That was FUNNY!

Unknown said...

So funny! Maybe Boone could specialize to be a farting doctor when he is through with medical school?

MereMoore said...

hahahahahaha! LOVE it! and to give a little credit-josh may need a chiropractor after a few more years of dentistry! it has SAVED me from my terrible headaches! just a plug-but i agree-they get credit for some wacky stuff that i don't believe!!

hollyfouts said...

Too funny! I have to admit that I was a little surprised to see that word in Bold type when I checked your blog....great shock value!