Sunday, June 25, 2006

Happiness Is ...

- a sticky peanut butter kiss on the cheek

-listening to your kids laugh again and again as they watch a Tom and Jerry cartoon

-when your kids want to sleep in the same room at night just because they're buddies

-cooking with your daughter, letting her "help" even though the soup ends up a little too peppery or the cookies are all different sizes

-peeking around the corner and seeing Major dancing and singing to his favorite praise CD (God must really love this one!! Psalm 8:2)

-When Major points to a picture of himself and says, "There's your buddy, mom."

-When Mary Alice says, "You're my best friend."

-When Mary Alice says, "I don't want to move away when I grow up mom. I just always want to live with you."

-When your daughter's top two marriage prospects are her brother and her dad

-Listening to Major bang on the piano and sing "Holy Holy Holy" at the top of his lungs.

-Listening to Mary Alice bang on the piano and sing "M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E" with all of her heart.

-When your kids disappear for a while and you think that they're up to something, but are relieved to discover that they're laughing and playing together in their closet

-the nightly bedtime ritual that ends with this:
"Goodnight"
"Goodnight"
"See you later alligator"
"Afterwhile crocodile"
"See you soon baboon"
"Anyplace monkeyface"
"I love you, Major."
"I love you too."

-a boy who loves to snuggle and cuddle and still likes his mommy to rock him and sing to him

- when yesterday, Mary Alice woke up from a nap and had fallen asleep with gum in her mouth and now had gum on her jammies. I said, "Oh no!!! Mary Alice!!!" Major came running in and said, "What she do mom?" I had to laugh!

-My girl doing the "hiney dance", laughing and running away

-When Major says, "That's my fave, mom." (Usually about some food or sports related thing)

-Mary Alice jumping up after breakfast and saying, "May I PLEASE do the dishes Mom?"

-After she finishes washing all of those dishes her saying, "I'm going to do this every day from now on, okay?" (Hmmm. I definitely wanted to get this written down.)

-"Lubbock, Texas in the rearview mirror....." (just kidding, I just had to throw that one in there :)

-A girl who proudly parts and fixes her hair, then announces that it "sure does look cute!" Hilarious!

-A girl who always asks me to wear some of my perfume and/or lip gloss just because she wants to be "girly"

-the pitter patter of little feet that belong to one little two year old wearing nothing but a saggy diaper

-A girl who likes to paint my toenails and surprisingly, is good at it!

-Major's bucktoothed smile (especially when he says "Pleeaase?")

-When the two kids play baseball together (Mary Alice pitches to Major, he swings, then they both run around and cheer for Major) They chant "Go Maje! Go Maje! Go! Go! Go!" again and again

-the prayers of my kids (especially Mary Alice's when she thinks nobody is listening)


I know this was excessive. I guess I have lots to be happy about! What makes you happy?

8 comments:

hollyfouts said...

So sweet. Reading your list made me happy. I have a girl who will do anything for a squirt of perfume and a dab of lipgloss and a boy who loves to cuddle with his mommy too....there really is nothing better.

jenny biz said...

I love your list! Gratefulness can be taught in such simple things!

Kristen OQ said...

I was happy tonight for:
* snowcones
* eating outside as a family
* little boys in cute pjs
* asking Seth if he was ready to say prayers and him bowing his head and folding his hands

I loved everything on your list!

Holly said...

Thanks for the smile amber...that was precious!

Unknown said...

Sorry this has nothing to do with your blog, but I just wanted to tell you that I liked The Devil Wears Prada. If you read the book, there are quite a few differences, but I think I might actually like the movie version better for two reasons. One is that there is much less cussing, and two is that the author seems so vindictive for writing the book; the movie left a much more favorable impression of all characters involved. Let me know what you think if you end up seeing it!

Hannah Ruthie said...

this blog made me smile. i love those kids.

Traci said...

I love reading your list. Isn't it fun to be a mommy?

Ashley said...

Sweet list. I have to disagree about Lubbock though! :)