Monday, July 10, 2006

Fireworks and Milkshakes

I am not a master of HTML codes and have much to learn about picture posting. (Please excuse the offcenter pictures.) I thought I'd go ahead and post some pictures of my precious buddies anyway. On the Fourth of July, my sister took us to the Botanical Gardens to take some family pictures. It started to rain about 5 minutes after we arrived, so she was only able to get a few quick shots. I thought she did a pretty good job working with a five to ten minute time frame and a sleepy two year old. We're going to try again in a few days so that we can have more variety.

When it started raining, we left the Gardens and headed over to The Purple Cow for some hamburgers and milkshakes. Josh and I celebrated the fourth at a Rangers game with Chad and Miranda (Josh's sister and her husband). It rained for quite a while that night. Thankfully, we were seated just out of the rain. The people in front of us got soaked while we stayed dry. The guys watched the game while Miranda and I talked and people watched. (In my opinion, that is the best reason to attend any sports event anyway.) All in all, it was a very fun way to spend our fourth of July. The kiddoes went to their grandparents. I wish I could have seen them. Apparently, they clapped and jumped up and down after each and every firework.

On the eighth, our little town had a celebration of sorts that was really quite good! I was expecting something lame, but was pleasantly surprised. They had a pretty impressive carnival and fireworks show out at a local park. I bought the girl some cotton candy. We sat out on a blanket and watched some pretty neat fireworks. The only thing that would have made it better is if Josh and Major had been there. It was on a Saturday night and would've kept Major out too late, so Josh stayed home with him. Maybe next year...

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with some old friends from Dallas. I can't wait!









9 comments:

Erica said...

I love tha family picture. You all look great and so happy. I cannot believe you were all smiling and looking at the camera. You will have to tell me that trick. Have fun with our Dallas friends. I miss the Mesquite group too.

The picture of Mary Alice with the wings is priceless.

Unknown said...

All of those pictures are great! I love the one of Mary Alice with wings! She looks so sweet! I can't wait to see more.

hollyfouts said...

Beautiful pictures! I have put off family pictures for so long because I am always overwhelmed by dressing 4 people to make them look good together....I don't want all matchy outfits, but don't want to not match either. All that to say I like your black/white simple combo....I might have to steal that look.

Bev Ross said...

Precious pictures, Amber! What a precious mother!
Would love to hear from you - where did you guys finally 'light' for church?

jenny biz said...

What a beautiful family you guys are!! :) Mary Alice and Major are so big!!

mcjacobsjournal said...

GORGEOUS pictures! You are such a beautiful family....and, I don't mean that to be cheesy. I mean that you make a GREAT picture between all your big smiles! That family one is awesome!

And, I'm glad you had such a great fourth too. I love that holiday, because it's such a fun one to experience through a child's eyes again. All the food, fun, and fireworks!!

Kristen OQ said...

I love the family picture, but the one of Mary Alice & Major sipping the milkshake is adorable.

What a cute family you have!

Traci said...

Those pictures are so sweet. Mary Alice in the wings is soooo cute. And, you look BEAUTIFUL in your family picture. What a nice looking family!!

Katie said...

those are awesome! If she takes any others, you must post them! y'all are a good-lookin' family!