Sunday, March 04, 2007

Here We Go Again...

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.. Blessed be the Name of the Lord...


Another miscarriage... I don't quite know what God is trying to say to us, what we should do next? Do we keep trying to have more children? Do we stop trying? It is very confusing sometimes to live in this world, very hard to understand why things happen or what our response should be. I do know that I shouldn't be afraid. I know that I should keep trusting in Him. I should count it all joy when I face trials in life. I'm trying to trust and to not be afraid. I do have a kind of joy. I know that the happy smiley kind of joy will come soon enough.

One of the hardest things about going through these tough times has been that all of my closest friends live so far away!! I miss having that support group nearby. I am so thankful for the many people who I know are covering me with their prayers right now. We are going to need your continued prayers for strength and peace, and for wisdom to understand God's Will for our family. I am encouraged by the number of you who have told me that you would pray for us and by your phone calls and e-mails. Thank you so much. I am so blessed by the many godly friends I have who are praying for us. Prayer is powerful!

I am thankful for other things. I am thankful that with this pregnancy, God did not allow me to carry this baby for very long at all. I didn't have to see this baby's tiny body or hear its little heart beating, nor did I have to endure the false hope from a doctor saying that things were looking great. So, in a way, for that I am so grateful. It makes this whole thing so much easier to bear.

I am already so blessed by my sweet babies, Mary Alice and Major. They are precious and healthy and beautiful. I have so much to be thankful for. God is giving me the peace and contentment that I've prayed about for so long. I know that He will continue to give me that peace if I keep trusting in Him. I know that some day all of my "whys" will be answered.

Who has known the mind of the Lord,nor who has been His counselor? Who has ever given to God that God should repay Him? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

My sweet buddies are downstairs eating breakfast right now. I think I'll go join them.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,

I am so sorry! I do want to encourage you, though, that you are glorifying God! He is pleased with your desire to please Him, trust Him, praise Him in the midst. You are fulfilling His plan for your family.

In keeping an eternal perspective..this life is so short and just think of your blessing in eternity. You're going to have at least 5 children to enjoy for ALL eternity, Lord willing! What a joy...

Lifting you up to our compassionate Savior who weeps with us and never leaves us.
Love,
Mindy

Melanie said...

Amber,
My heart is with you today. I'm praying for comfort and peace for you and Josh.

leslie said...

I'm so sorry Amber. We are continuing to keep you in our prayers. God is faithful.

Erica said...

I just do not even know what to say. I am so sorry for the heartache you have been going through over the past 1 1/2 years with the miscarriages. You and Josh are such wonderful Christian worriors so I know God's plan for you both is great! Unfortunately HE will reveal it in HIS time, which is so hard to wait for and understand. I know how hard it is to have friends who are so far away when you feel that you need them the most. Know that God is one friend who is always near. We will definitely be covering you all in prayer. We love you all!

jenny biz said...

Amber, I am so sorry. Love you...

Prince Edward said...

Praying for all of you. My heart is sad for your loss.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Amber,

I am praying for you! I have no words but I do have the Holy Spirit inteerceeding for me, may you be comforted today.

Susan (johnson) young

Anonymous said...

That's sad... but it is awesome to hear that you are still trusting that God is with you and doing what He knows is best for some reason. We talked about suffering in church yesterday, and how it gives us peace to know that Jesus suffered too. He understands what you're going through no matter what it is.

Love you,
Tessa

Eric Sowell said...

I spoke with Julie yesterday and wanted to check you blog today - I'm so sorry! Thank you for your honesty and bravery to share. You and your family are and have been in my prayers.
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Amber, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I will continue to pray for your sweet family.

Love,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Amber & Josh - Our hearts are heavy for you and our prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing your story. How thankful I am that no matter how many days this baby lived on earth he or she lives eternally with our Lord. May the God of all comfort bring you exactly what you need.

Alyssa said...

Amber, My heart breaks for you tonight. Clint and I had a miscarriage between our two girls, and I know some of the pain, confusion, frustration, sadness, and intense loss that you feel. "Blessed be the Name" also brought us alot of comfort during that time (still does). I pray that you can feel God's faithful and loving hands around you as you hurt. Take care-

Anne said...

Amber - There is so much I could say, but I'll save it for another time and place. Know that my heart breaks with yours, and that my soul weeps with yours as you grieve this loss. I am sending a hug your way and praying tonight for comfort. The Lord is our Strength! Praying for and loving you...

Jacinda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss but am so encouraged by your continuous faith in God.

Sarah B said...

What faith! It is so hard to find a positive out look after a miscarriage! I will pray for your faith to be strong and that God grants you the peace to move on from this sadness.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh, Amber. I am just now starting to catch up on blogs, and read your last post and this one at the same time. My sweet friend. We are covering you and Josh in prayer right now and will continue to do so DAILY.

Please know how encouraging you are to others by opening yourself and sharing your story, your emotions, your strength, and your worries. So many of us love you and your family so much. I am so sorry for this loss. May He hold you in His loving arms during this heartbreak. We love you guys.

MereMoore said...

oh amber! i am so sorry that you are going thru all of this. it breaks my heart to read all of this. very few people can understand longing for a child-but i can't imagine going thru all of these miscarriages either. i watched my sister go thru it several times and it is heart wrenching. i am praying for you and josh and wish i could give you a big hug right now! we love you guys so much!

hollyfouts said...

We love you and are praying for you! I am sorry that you are hurting.

Unknown said...

Amber, I am SO sorry! I don't even know what to write to you except that I am praying for you and your sweet family! I will also echo what so many others have already said - that your faith in the midst of this pain and disappointment is so encouraging and admirable.

Lots of love!
Kate

Phillips Family said...

Thinking and praying for you!

Nicole said...

Amber,
I really hate to hear that. I was so excited to read your last post and now I am so disappointed with you. I am sending good wishes and peaceful thoughts your way.
~Nicole~

Traci said...

Oh, Amber. I am just now reading all your posts and I feel a sense of sadness for you and your family. I have no words of wisdom only that you inspire me so much daily! I think you are a wonderful mother and the fact that you already know that God has a plan for what should be amazes me!

Please know that you are in my prayers.

Kim said...

I am so sorry about your loss,Amber. You have been through a lot...but,God is good and has a beautiful plan for your family. I pray for His sovereign care over you now.


I'm so glad we have *met*!

Kim