Thursday, March 01, 2007

Peace

I don't know exactly what or how to write today, just that I need to write something. I guess I'll start with this.... I found out a few days ago that I am pregnant with our fifth child. FIFTH??? You may be thinking, "Fifth?? Who are these other mysterious children that she never blogs about??" Those extra two children are ones that, for reasons only known by God, are ones that we've never gotten the chance to meet. I have had two miscarriages in the last year and a half. Both of these children had a heartbeat, fingers and toes, eyelids, arms and legs. This child that I am carrying is only a few weeks old, which to some, may seem to not be a child at all. To those of us who believe that life begins in the womb, however, this baby has a soul and a future with days that are numbered by God.

Before I went through the heartache of two miscarriages, I would have NEVER dared to share with close friends and family, much less then entire webworld, that I was carrying a baby this early in the game, but now, I have a different mindset. I feel like it would be better to ask for prayers now and have people praying about it, than to be praying alone with my family. After all, if I really believe in the power of prayer, why would I not want as many people praying for us as possible?? Also, in the event of another miscarriage, I want people to know that there is a reason for my altered mood or not being myself, not just that I am emotionally unstable or psycho.

All of this to say, it is definitely going to be a hard couple of weeks/months for our family, whether or not this baby remains healthy. I'm trying not to get too attached to the idea of having another child. I am just trying to protect myself emotionally. I don't want to worry, and am doing my best not to think about it, but am constantly plagued by what ifs and fear of the unknown. And, of course, I really really want this baby!! I think Satan wants me to be consumed with this pregnancy. I know that he will use whatever he can to make me take my eyes off of what is truly important. I will not let him win!!! He wants me to be worried and to stop trusting in God's care and perfect timing. He wants me to be angry and confused. He wants me to complain and to not be thankful in all circumstances. He wants me to question God and His love for me. He wants me to not persevere under trials, but to crumble under their weight. He knows that one of my greatest desires has always been to have a large family, and of my tendency to want to control everything, and just how much not being able to realize my dreams will affect me. The good news is that GOD knows all of those things too, but GOD also loves me, wants what is best for me, and is has a plan for my future. His plan is better than my plan, even though I may not always understand it. His ways are not my ways. Thankfully!!!

I would ask that you pray for peace and contentment for me. I have been so blessed by my wonderful husband and two beautiful and healthy children. I know that ultimately, God is working everything out for my good. I don't understand it, and I may never understand it here on earth, but I have to believe it, and keep on trusting Him. I am going to borrow my friend Tamra's verse, which is the verse that immediately came to mind during this pregnancy. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber, I am so happy for you! You all will be in our prayers! Congratulations!@

Mindy

leslie said...

Amber,
I will definitely keep you in my prayers. James and I went through 2 miscarriages as well. I know exactly the emotions you are going through and they aren't easy. I admire you for blogging about it and being bold in asking for prayers. Congratulations on this new miracle, I will pray that he/she remains completely healthy and continues to grow and be strong. Keep us posted.

jenny biz said...

Praying for you, friend. I am familiar with your journey and your struggles. I love you and am praying for a healthy, beautiful baby!

Heather said...

Amber,
I just wanted you to know that you, your family, and this precious baby are in my prayers. Thank you for sharing the news with us. Please continue to keep us updated. (By the way, we miss you guys!)

Miranda said...

Amber,
Chad and I love you, Josh, Mary Alice, Major, and the new baby so much. We are fervently in prayer right now for you.

Love,
Miranda

Steph said...

I will be praying for you and your family. Though I don't know what it is like to be in your shoes, I do know what it is like to be in a situation where it is easy to question God and to fall prey to satan's lies. I pray that God will plant a hedge around you and your family, and that He will allow this precious little one to thrive and grow.

Candice said...

Awesome news, Amber! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Sharing your story will bless others in ways you may never know.

You have my prayers.

Eternal Living said...

Hey Amber,

For some reason I have been thinking about you lately, so I decided to check out your blog today, and now I know why! I will be praying for you, dear friend. I will pray for time not to drag by, for you to be peaceful, and for God to let you enjoy this baby (or babies?) for a very, very long time!

Love,
Jessica

Unknown said...

Amber, you will most certainly be in my prayers! Not many people know this, but I also had a miscarriage prior to Jackson. I know those feelings as well as the anxiety that comes with the next pregnancy, and I will be praying for peace for you and for a healthy baby. I am proud of you for posting this post as I know that must have been very hard to do. God bless you, sweet Amber!

Phillips Family said...

Congratulations! Your family and this new baby will be in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Amber! I will be praying for you all, especially the litle one inside you. Thank you for sharing your heart- you are a really strong woman, and such an amazing mom.

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I love you so much! I know I haven't called, but I have been praying for you continuously since I found out the great news! Also, all of my friends know and are praying for you too! :) What a blessing.

Much Love,
Tessa

Kristen OQ said...

Congratulations and we will definitely be praying for all of you in the weeks & months ahead.

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Thank you for setting an example of humility to us all. I am so thrilled that God has answered or prayers by allowing you to be pregnant again! What a joy for all of us! KNOW that you will b bathed in prayer by the Dallas bunch. I'll pray peace for you as you walk this road. I'll pray for "peace that surpasses all understanding." We love you guys!
Tamra

Ashley said...

I will definitley keep your in my prayers. I also will pray with confidence that a healthy baby is growing inside of you! Keep us updated.

Sarah B said...

You are in our prayers! I know first hand how hard miscarriages can be not only physically but definetly emotionally!

Holly said...

We have been praying about this for sometime. I know God will see you through and we will continue to pray! Love you girl!