Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fun On the Driveway

Here are some pictures of my sweet kiddoes. We've been spending lots of time outside enjoying the beautiful weather. This morning, we had a tea party in our driveway. We have a package of old hats that we borrowed from my mom. Mary Alice chose the "Mary Poppins" hat. Of course, I had to grab the camera. Major didn't wear a hat, but did participate in the party by helping to eat some of the tea party treats.

On Friday, Josh and I took the kids to their first high school football game. I think we picked the wrong game and the wrong teams to watch. The school bands were pretty sad. At one point, during the halftime show, Major looked up at Josh and said, "When will this music stop?" I think we were all looking forward to the end of the halftime show. Another funny thing that Major said about the football players was, "These adults are small!" The only football game that Major had ever seen had been a professional one. Yes Major, those players are quite small compared to the ones in the NFL! Another funny thing... Mary Alice wondered why the cheerleaders weren't wearing any pants with their tops. (HA!)

Even though the game and the halftime show were weak, we had a great time together snuggling under a blanket and drinking hot chocolate. It was so much fun and something that I hope we can do again soon before football season is over.

I love this fall weather! Here are a few pictures of the kids having fun on the driveway. Enjoy!





















7 comments:

Melanie said...

Does it get any better than tea parties in the driveway? I love this! Love you girl!

Phillips Family said...

Those are great pictures! What funny and smart kids you have!

Kim said...

So precious!

Unknown said...

You always do the most fun things with your kids! Great pictures of Mary Alice in her Mary Poppins hat. I love that she thinks cheerleaders should wear pants. I hope, for your sake, that she continues to want cheer pants. : ) Also, I love that Mary Alice is wearing a Kroger sticker. Jackson frequently comes home sporting Kroger stickers, and I frequently find them everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Remember that you shouldn't judge a cheerleader by the uniform she wears. I believe your sister-in-law was one in high school.

Amber Smith said...

Hey "anonymous"

I have seen the uniform that my sister in law wore in high school. If her hiney had hung out of that one (which it didn't), I'm sure that Mary Alice would be sure to have commeneted on it too! :)

Mary Alice called it as she saw it. To her, it looked like the cheerleader was wearing a top without a bottom. I have to agree...

Brandy said...

First of all, let me admit that I am the anonymous commenter above. For my hasty comment I am sorry. I hope you can forgive me.

I could go into a long explanation about some of the causes of troubled youth today and the inappropriateness of their behavior sometimes. The public at large is partly to blame along with their parents of course. But that is irrelevant. I believe they should be held responsible for their behavior, including immodesty.

At the same time, we as Christians are required to love, not judge. For who know what planks are hanging out of our own eyes.

I love that at such a young age Mary Alice notices such inappropriate things. She is wise beyond her years and you and Josh are to be commended for the way you raise your children.

But I just want to throw some food for thought your way. (Shawn does this to me a lot and it really makes me think.) I am in no way judging you, for I am guilty of the same thing that follows. We are quick to criticize a cheerleader for wearing a very short skirt with hiney hanging out, but we comfortably wear or have our little girls wear swimsuits in the summer that are actually just as immodest. Is there a difference in God's eyes?