Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween

Yesterday was one of my favorite days of the year. I absolutely love Halloween! Yesterday morning, we made a trip to a local pumpkin farm and bought a couple of pumpkins. The kids and I then went to out my grandfather's farm. After lunch, the kids carved their pumpkins. My sister, Hannah, came along and helped the kids with their pumpkin carving. Mary Alice did pretty well with the carving. Major seemed really freaked out by having to deal with pumpkin slime. He kept sticking his tongue out and saying "Yuck!" (See pictures.)

We took the kids trick or treating around our neighborhood. It was fun to meet several of our neighbors. The kids have never been trick or treating before (or at least they can't remember it). They were very cute. Mary Alice had fun pretending to be Dorothy. She definitely played the part. Major kept squirting our neighbors with his oil can and calling their attention to his "really big heart." I think these Halloween costumes have gotten more use than any of their other costumes. Mary Alice came downstairs this morning again in her Dorothy slippers. Too funny. She loves those things. Life is great here at the Smith house. Our biggest problem now is figuring out what to do with all of the Halloween candy!








































11 comments:

Miranda said...

They are SO SWEET! I can't wait to see all of you tomorrow!

Melanie said...

I don't like slime either Maj! Great pics!

Barefeet Photography said...

You're pictures are so sweet! I'm glad we'll be moving closer to you guys...

By the way, I posted some new pics on my blog! Check them out :)

Phillips Family said...

I love that last picture! You are such the creative Mommy!

Erica said...

What cuties you have there!!

Elaine said...

Ummm...I know what to do with Halloween candy. So do my kids. Bring it over and we'll show you (if there's any left after we get done demonstrating). :-)

Glad you had a great Halloween!

Alisha Stewart said...

I know that Papa and Carolyn are just loving the fact that you guys have been going to see them. What a treat for Mary Alice and Maj to be so close to their great Grampa. We really loved being close to Mama, and are missing her like crazy.
We took the kids trick or treating around our little neighborhood and got tons of candy. I was thinking we could have a mini birthday party for Landon this weekend, and stuff all of his Halloween candy in a pinata. This way your kids could have even more candy and we could get rid of ours:)
Can't wait 'til girls weekend!

Unknown said...

I meant to comment on your blog last night, but got caught up in the excitement of laundry. Your kids are, as always, too cute. I like the pictures of them with their pretty mommy! I also really like Major's yuck pictures. What a funny boy. I completely meant to carve a pumpkin this year, but forgot. Thus, our pumpkin sat on our front porch completely uncarved.

Also, about your comment on my blog, the boy has hit a major growth spurt, which is why the sleeves on all of his Halloween shirts were suddenly way too short!

jenny biz said...

Such fun times you guys are having! I threw away so much candy a few months back from all the "candy filled" holidays. It builds up so fast!

Anonymous said...

The kids look so cute, Amber!
For the first time this yr., the candy fairy visited our house after Halloween. She took all but 3 pieces of cand from Kellen & Charlie's TOT bags & left a fun present in place of the candy. Our trash was extra heavy the next a.m., but better the trash bag than me! ;)

Love you guys,
Julie

Kim said...

What a fun time! The costumes are so cute! I love the one of all 3 of you!