Friday, November 30, 2007

Favorite Decorations Continued...

I decided to go out of town instead of update my blog. Sorry. :) So....These are my two favorite Christmas decorations. The first one is my nativity set. I think it is just beautiful! The figures are so detailed! Each piece looks like a work of art. You can't really see all of the pieces. I just zoomed in on the main ones. It is difficult to see just how pretty this is. This picture doesn't really do it justice. I absolutely love this the most out of all of my Christmas decorations. I'm not really a collector of anything, but I do hope to eventually have a little town of Bethlehem set up, complete with villagers, the wise men, etc. I like this set more than some others I've seen because it is so lifelike. I feel like I am right there looking in on the time when Jesus was born.



Over the past few years, Mom has given me a piece of this set each year for Christmas. (Christmas 2003-2006)

My other favorite Christmas decoration is one that I bought for myself a few years ago. I bought it when Mary Alice was about 2 or so. They could definitely improve it by making it more lifelike and attractive. I didn't buy it for its beauty, but because of its functionality. I love getting to read a part of the Christmas story to the kids each day of December, letting the kids put a piece on the calendar until the final day, when they get to place baby Jesus in the manger. The kids really look forward to this special tradition. At the end of the month each year, they are both quoting nearly the entire Christmas story by memory because they have heard it so many times!!! I love this little Christmas tradition. We have enjoyed this calendar so much that I have given it out several times as a baby/Christmas gift to family and friends. I tried to link to it, but couldn't find it anywhere!! I e-mailed the place where I bought it and am hoping that they can shed some light on why my special calendar is no longer available!!! I will be seriously disappointed if one of my favorite Christmas items is now out of production. :(



Noel Piper Advent Calendar...Christmas 2003

December is tomorrow! I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done already! This is a major first for me, as I am usually still shopping during the few days before Christmas. I am so excited to have so much more free time this month to just relax and really enjoy this time of the year with my family. Let the Christmas season begin!!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love nativity sets also. Our nativity set was my favorite decoration growing up. Also, that calendar is so cool! I have been looking for a good advent calendar or something similar that you do every day because I think that is a fun tradition. Let me know if you hear back from the company!

Elaine said...

That nativity set is beautiful! I would love to have one. At the moment, the only "nativity" set we have is by Little People. Ugh.

I'm laughing at your ornament collection. Priceless!

Merry Christmas!

Tamra Perkinson said...

I know why you can't find the Piper Advent calendar. Jenni told me that she called about it and then took it off the market to make some changes to it. It should be up again next year. So, I guess that's good news and bad news. Several of the teachers at my school were interested in it for their classrooms.

Melanie said...

We were looking at this advent calendar as well. We are using a secular one, that I've kind of converted, but I need one like this! I'm going to do a detailed search today. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Kim said...

I would love that calendar...lease let me know if you know where I can buy it! I have been wanting an advent calendar to use! We just kinda do our own thing.

The nativity set is beautiful!

hollyfouts said...

I love your decorations. I enjoy this time of year so much. It's just so much fun to pull out all of that stuff and watch the kids get excited about everything. After seeing your ornaments I'm thinking that my tree could use a little more spunk!

mcjacobsjournal said...

I'm with Holly---I'm such a boring ornament girl after seeing your fun and spunky tree decor!

And, of course, I LOVE your Piper Advent Calendar. That has been something I have been looking forward to owning for a couple of years now. Keep me posted on its re-release!! :)

Anonymous said...

I wanted that calendar too. I contacted desiringgod.org and they imformed me that they are making some changes and it will be avaliable sometime in 2008.

Billy and Kate said...

I realize that this particular post is from years ago, but I've been googling Noel Piper's advent calendar trying to find more info about it. Since DG no longer makes it, I am trying to make my own. I have all the materials for the calendar itself, but I can't find anywhere online the actual written material that goes with the calendar to read each day. Do you happen to have the capability of posting that or scanning it? I would so love to introduce the Christmas story to our toddler this way this year - I know I can make up my own readings with Scripture but I'd really like to know what hers was. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I’m looking for the dimensions of the backdrop for this calendar. A friend misplaced hers but has all the pieces. If anyone has this info please let me know. Thanks

Anonymous said...

salb64@gmail.com