Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Favorite Christmas Decor

I love pulling out all of my old Christmas ornaments. I have so many of them, some that I've had for more than a decade. I know that you're not supposed to be attached to material things. I think that my sentimental attachment to my Christmas ornaments is probably as much as I am attached to any "thing". Each one is special. Some are more special than others. As I've said before, I have a love for silly Christmas ornaments. Here are a few of the ones hanging on my tree...

Note: For the first time ever in my blogging history....Blogger says I have "exceeded my photo upload quota". HA! I thought about this and just couldn't bear to delete any of my precious ornaments. Each one has its own reason for being too special to delete. I'll have to wait and post my last two and absolute favorite Christmas decorations tomorrow.



Some of my ornaments mark special occasions....



Our first Christmas ornament as a married couple...Christmas 1998



Mary Alice's first Christmas....Christmas 2001



Pregnant with Major....Only four more months to go...Christmas 2003



Some of the ornaments were gifts from special people....



Grandma Stewart gave me several Waterford Christmas ornaments the first year that Josh and I were married...They are still some of my very favorite ones and have a special spot near the top of the tree....Christmas 1998




A special gift from a special little Tessa...Christmas 1993



Another precious gift from my youngest brother, Ben...Christmas 1995



One of the pretty ornaments that Tessa gave me. She has given me a new ornament every year since 1993...Christmas 2005



My mom picked out this shoe for me when she went to New York. She bought it from the Metropolitan Art Museum...Christmas 2000



We all made these one year on a long family road trip. We had this box full of different colored sequins and small pins. These things take forever to make!!! I think Tessa made this for me also...Christmas 199?



I bought this from a Romanian missionary while we lived in Dallas...Christmas 2003



Some of my ornaments I have no real reason for loving...They are just crazy and make me laugh!



A crazy pelican with feathers and silly red boots...I bought him at the Gaylord Texan gift shop...Christmas 2005



A dancing fat lady...She just makes me smile...Don't know the exact date? Miranda may, though, because I bought her a similar one.



A frog with freaky lips...Just plain silly...Christmas 2002



This ornament reminds me of an opera singer for some reason...I used to have her sitting on a shelf in my living room year round. She is a little bit scary, but I always look forward to putting her on the tree. She always gets a prominent spot right at the front of the tree...Christmas 1999



This ornament just looks yummy! My mom had one on her tree one year. I rushed out and bought one too...Christmas 2003 or 2004



She is part mermaid, part drama queen...She has the same "look" as the opera ornament. I really really like this one...Christmas 2000



Here is my favorite of my Dickens villages. I love to put these out each year! My mother gave them all to me, but this is the one I like the best...The marionette shop. If you look closely, you can see a little man selling puppets in the front of the shop. My mom had a little village collection when I was a little girl. I remember looking inside the little houses when they were lit up at night and imagining the people that lived inside of them. Mary Alice looks inside my little villages today. These tiny villages seem so magical. I am always sad to take them down after Christmas. I usually leave them up a little bit longer, maybe through the month of January....Christmas 1995-2001

Coming tomorrow....my top two favorite Christmas decorations... Christmas just wouldn't be the same without them. Stinky blogger is making me wait to post them! Check back later. What are your favorite Christmas decorations?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have some great ornaments! I have been a frog collector since junior high, so I'm partial to that! What a fun tree.

Melanie said...

We do a special ornament for each year as well. That adds five a year. I think next year, we'll have to add a tree. One of our favorite decorations is an advent calendar. I'm still looking for the perfect one though. Any suggestions?

Unknown said...

I love Christmas decoragtions also, especially ornaments. I also love trees that don't really have a theme but instead have a bunch of ornaments collected over the years. Every year, we buy Jackson a new ornament or two so that he can have them for his own tree someday. It is one of my favorite traditions. Can't wait to see your absolute favorites!