Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Want More

Our preacher quoted this hymn on Sunday night. I've been thinking about it ever since. Read the words slow-ly. I want faith like this!


Oh, for a faith that will not shrink
Tho' pressed by every foe;
That will not tremble on the brink
Of any earthly woe;

That will not murmur or complain
Beneath the chastening rod,
But in the hour of grief or pain
Will lean upon its God;

A faith that shines more bright and clear
When tempests rage without;
That when in danger, knows no fear,
In darkness feels no doubt;

Lord give us such a faith as this;
And then, whate'er may come,
We'll taste e'en here the hallowed bliss
Of an eternal home.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Powerful. Me too. I love hymns!

Anne said...

Thanks Amber! I needed that today! Beautiful! I want that faith and I want to model that and instill that in my children...wouldn't it be wonderful?

Kim said...

These are great words....I have not heard this hymn.