Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My Mother



My sweet mom, Mayre Stewart, was diagnosed with colon cancer on Friday. She had surgery to remove the cancer and is now recovering in the hospital. She is loved (and needed) by many people. My mother has always been a faithful prayer warrior. She always has a running prayer list and often prays for people she has never met, but only knows by name. Right now she needs YOU...to pray and pray. Please pray for her complete healing and strength. Please pray for my Dad and my little brother Ben, who is still living at home. Please pray for my siblings, that we can serve her most effectively.

My mom never stops going and doing things for other people. She is a truly unique and creative soul. I have met many people, but there is nobody who is anything like my mother. People are always calling and asking her to do things, lots of things. She delights in using her many gifts to bless others on a daily basis. She knows how to do almost everything. She has to learn to do something that she hasn't had to do before. She has to slow down and get better for a while, and let others serve her, just for now. We miss you mom!!! We are oh so ready for you to get back to painting theater sets, teaching Bible classes, making meals that rival Paula Deen, being a fabulous art teacher, mentoring younger women, and using your God given creativity to glorify Him!

Will you pray for my mother?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber, I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that Chris, Torie, and I are praying for Mayre. We love your family and will help in any way we can.

Jennifer said...

We will lift her up at church. I have a grandmother and aunt who have beaten breast cancer, so I understand. You will be in our prayers.
Jennifer Galvan & family

Kristen OQ said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Praying right now for complete recovery for your mom.

Anne said...

Amber...I will certainly be praying for complete and total recovery and healing for your mom. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers, and please send my love to your mom! Maybe once she is feeling better we should plan a reunion singing time! I have missed the fun we used to have singing together, and of course laughing all the way! :) We need to get together again!

Love you all...let me know if you need anything!

tnwphoto said...

Amber & Family...I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. She sounds like an AMAZING woman. I will keep her in my prayers and add her name to our prayer list.

The Speck family said...

I will definitely pray for your mom~ thank you for sharing this request. Also, your maternity pics are gorgeous!!! Kelly S.

Erica said...

I am so sorry that your Mom and family are having to go through this trial. Our thoughts and prayers will be with each of you and especially your Mom. May she have total healing and be back better than ever before you know it.

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Amber, I am praying for your mom and family. Thank you for keeping us posted. Love you
Susan

Mindy said...

Amber,

I'm so sorry to hear this, but loved reading the testimony of your mom's influence. I pray that she would grow closer to Jesus as a result of this trial and that she would be even more equipped to serve Him because of it. AFterall, all of our trials are for the purpose of comforting others. I pray that He will restore her to complete health for His glory and your joy. Amen.

Melanie said...

Oh this hurts my heart! We'll be lifting each one of you up! Love you!

Jennifer said...

Amber,

I found your blog a while back but I've never left a comment. Please know that I'm praying for your mom, you, and your entire family!

Kim said...

You know I am praying and will continue!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. Just prayed for her. May God heal her completely.

Katie said...

Amber--I'm praying for your entire family! we worship the great physician and I pray that God will heal her and give you and your family peace!

Unknown said...

Prayers for your mother and whole family will be added to our church prayer list. WE will pray continually for her healing and comfort. Sorry to hear this news. I know your mother must be amazing...she has amazing children!

Nicole said...

I had heard this and already planned on putting your mom on our class prayer list. We will all definitely keep your family in our prayers.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh my goodness, Amber. We will of course begin praying diligently for your sweet mom. That was such an amazing post, honoring a truly amazing person. We are praying hard!!!!! We love you.

Kayla said...

I just came across you blog through another friend. I will pray for your mother. She sounds amazing!

Unknown said...

Amber, I will certainly join many others in praying for your mom! She sounds like an amazing woman!

Ross & Jamie said...

We are praying for your mom and believing in COMPLETE healing!! Keep us updated- love you five!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber :( I am so very sorry to hear of your dear Mom's illness. Of course, you know we 3 are praying for her.

Traci said...

My prayers are definitely with your mom and your family for a complete recovery.

I can see you through your mother, Amber. She sounds like a wonderful woman!