Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Surprises








Here are a few pics from yesterday and today. These close-ups of Milla were taken just after lunch. I thought Milla needed a change of scenery from the usual bouncy seat or my lap. We don't have a Bumbo seat, so I decided to do the next best thing and propped her up in the corner of the couch. The kids and I sat on the floor nearby and played a few games of UNO. Milla seemed perfectly happy and just sat there for about half an hour making sweet smiley faces and gurgly noises.

After we finished playing several games, I reached over to pick Milla up and found that she had been sitting in a puddle of poo for quite a while. I felt awful! Poor baby! AND...poor couch! I am eagerly awaiting the day when we will buy some new seating for our living room. Our couch was a hand me down. I believe my parents bought it when I was around Mary Alice's age. It has been recovered once. An arm has fallen off. There is a hole poked in one side of the cushion and several permanent pen marks on the fabric. Now, it has been pooed on by Milla! Josh and I have been holding out for a LONG time on buying new furniture. It doesn't seem financially wise for us right now. I would rather wait until we can totally redo the whole living room. The older and more "well loved" our couch gets, though, the more I think it may be time for a replacement.

Anyway... I didn't mean to go off on a tangent about our furniture, but to share these sweet pics of Milla. Who would suspect that all the while she was making these cute faces she was also making a puddle of poo?

And now a word about another discovery that I made this afternoon... I looked outside and discovered the kids sitting in the back of our Suburban, which they had converted to their own special clubhouse. Please disregard the dirty car covered with fingerprints. :( Here they are pretending that they are "Jack and Annie" and reading a book together. Sweet buddies.





8 comments:

summer said...

That baby girl makes me smile!! She's just precious, and yes, she reminds me of my own little chubbers!

holly fouts said...

Once when Avery was a baby I went to run errands and left Lane in charge of baby Avery. When I came home Lane and Avery were both asleep on the couch totally covered in poop. It was disgusting. Poop was all over them, but I was more concerned about the couch. Since then it has been pooped on, puked on, peed on many more times. I take the covers off the cushions and wash them in the washing machine. It has gotten so bad that now after I wash the cushions I have to "shave" them to get all of the little balls off. I am also dreaming of the day that I get a new couch! I'd at least hold out until little Milla gets past the "poop on the couch stage." Or you could buy a new couch and just leave the plastic on. :)

Barkley Bunch said...

Cate is happy to have another chubbers join her club! What a sweet girl you have!! I've got an extra bumbo I loaned to someone. I know they are no longer using it so I will see if I can get that soon and let Milla try it out. Thanks for your card too. It is so comforting knowing we had friends praying for us.

Alisha Stewart said...

I know what you mean about old furniture. I have to keep getting out the sewing kit to do touch ups on ours.
Don't tell anyone, but our couch has been peed on twice by our little guys. Thankfully, the day of the last incident the kirby salesman showed up at our door. We sat through a two hour demonstration and were able to get not only our carpet steam cleaned, but also our potty couch.
That Milla sure is sweet!

Anonymous said...

AAAWWW...cutie pie! I love The Magic Treehouse Books....I am glad your kids love them too!

Miranda said...

Oh the poop! We learned yesterday that the cover on the bouncy seat is washable after Ranger pooped all over it!

Kim said...

She is just beautiful, Amber! I love the reading pictures! Evie has started really liking those books, too!

Joni said...

I love that they love each other!!:) Those pictures of them in the back of your car are priceless!! And Milla is so beautiful!