Monday, June 22, 2009

Fun With Cousins and A Fashion Show

A few weeks ago, we were blessed to have two extra special visitors come and stay at our house for a couple of days... Cousins Landon and Jonah got to come and hang out. Boy were my kids excited! Days with the five buddies were full of fun! We spent a little time inside and a LOT of time outside. The kids played "colored eggs" in our back yard. I used to play this game at my cousins' house when I was a little girl. "Colored eggs" is a spin on the game of tag, made even more fun by the water sprinkler that they had to run through to run around the bases. SO MUCH FUN! They ate it up! I just love these special boys and always welcome their visits to our house. I am so glad that my kids have cousins that are close to their own age.

Here a few pics from one of the days that they were down. I made everyone take a nap that day, with the promise of water fun when they woke up. Jonah looked SO adorable sleeping that I had to take a picture after he had been sound asleep for several hours. He was slow to wake up at first...



He quickly jumped into action, though, when he heard that we were going outside to play in the sprinkler... :)


Landon looked so cute in his pirate swimsuit. The boys had so much fun together.



Milla lounged in her bouncy seat on the sidelines. She didn't want to get in the sprinkler, and wore her cover-up, for modesty's sake. :)



Running through the sprinklers...I had to include several pictures of the kids playing Colored Eggs. They were laughing the whole time they played. I thought these pictures captured their mood so well.















Jonah changed his mind about the sprinkler once we were outside. He hung out with Milla and me in the shade and watched the other kids running around our back yard.




We miss you Landon and Jonah! Come hang out with us again soon!



And now...for some random pictures. When I uploaded this group of pics onto my computer, there were several wierd ones in the bunch.


Milla is used to being held all kinds of different ways by Mary Alice and Major. She is so heavy that they sometimes have a hard time holding her. The way Mary Alice is holding her looks a little uncomfortable, but Milla didn't seem to mind.


Milla wears clothing most of the time, I promise. Every girl needs to dress down every once and a while, right?



Not for long, though. Milla is a girly girl at heart. Here she is before church a couple of Sundays ago.


My three special gifts from God... It is rare to have a shot of the three of them together. I love this picture!


Superman and Mr. Incredible... They look pretty fierce...maybe just a little silly? Just where did they learn how to make faces like this?





Maybe Milla taught them how to make those faces?


Or maybe it was their Aunt Tessa?



Our little Milla JoJo trying to cram some tasty fingers into her mouth...Finger lickin' good!


Yesterday, Mary Alice and I made a pair of pants for Milla. Mary Alice decided to get out Milla's best accessories and have a "fashion show". Here she is... Instead of on a runway...she is sitting in front of her crib. She is modeling a white stretchy hat with a bow...





And Miss Milla sporting her new pants with a red hat and black flower thingie...


It looks like she has a bird sitting on her head in this picture. The kids played this little game with Milla until she protested being a fashion model. No more catwalk! She just wanted to roll around on the floor.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures...I have such awesome memories with my cousins and am so glad that my kids are making those memories with their cousins. BTW, I love the hat with the bows...SO cute!

Miranda said...

Such good pictures! Milla is a good sport!

Alisha Stewart said...

looks like lots of fun. since your post, landon has taught me how to play colored eggs. it's a pretty fun game I must say!
See you next weekend.