Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Three Favorite Fathers

I have been blessed to have these three amazing fathers in my life.

Josh-

When I was a little girl, I used to pray every night that God would give me someone like you. You are more than I could have ever hoped for and much more than I deserve. Thank you for being such a good Daddy to our children. Thank you for putting God first in our marriage. Thank you for the blessing that you are to our children by making time to teach them about the Bible. Thank you for loving me more than yourself. I am so glad that we are learning about being parents together. The kids think you are the greatest! I am so proud of you!

Grumpy-

Thank you for raising Josh to be the man that he is today. Thank you for taking that stubborn, hard-headed little boy and teaching him how to use his talents to serve God and others. The time you spent training Josh will impact generations. The man that I love best is who he is today partly because of your influence and prayers. Some of the characteristics that I love best in Josh I know he learned from years spent observing you. Thank you for being an example of faithfulness, for your giving heart, and for your deep love for your family. I am glad that my kids have a Grumpy who will drop everything to be with them. Thank you for the strong foundation that you built for Josh. I am so thankful that Josh had a father like you.

Dad-

I couldn't have asked for a better father. You are all of the things that I love most rolled up into one. You are quirky and I love it! I think you are the funniest man I've ever seen. You can always make me laugh. I often find myself repeating silly little "Dadisms" to the kids and smile because I remember you saying them to me when I was little. Thank you for loving Mom and making sure that we always saw that. The gift of a secure and happy home is priceless. Thank you for your selfless heart. Thank you for caring enough to do things the hard way because you valued what was best for us more than what was easiest for you. You are a giver. I am glad that God blessed you with so many children. You have six little arrows that you have sharpened and made ready to fly into spiritual battle. I want to be just like you. I love you!


"Children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
They will not be ashamed
When they speak with their enemies in the gate."



Happy Father's Day to three very special fathers! I hope you each have a wonderful day and know just how loved and appreciated you are!


1 comment:

Barefeet Photography said...

Amber,

You have put into words exactly what all of us know and love about Dad. He is the best Dad anyone could ask for :) This is true.