Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ready To Come Up For Air!

What a weekend we have had here! I'm exhausted! I feel TOTALLY and completely worn out!

Here's what we did this weekend:

Friday evening-
1) Dinner with our old Dallas small group
( This involved making a lemonade pie, nursing in the car, traveling slowly across the metroplex in rush hour traffic in a HOT car while trying to keep the frozen pie from melting, but was SO worth it to see our old friends again!)

2) Drove to Josh's parents' house to spend the night and stayed up way too late!

Saturday-

1) Went shopping almost all day with Josh. (Josh's parents kept the kids. SO nice!)
(We went everywhere looking for the perfect black dress. I was a bit disappointed when this dress was all sold out in every store in Dallas.
I finally found this little number at Banana.)

2) Ate at Tin Star, one of our favorite places to go on dates together.

3) Breathed a sigh of relief because I now have a dress to wear at my sister's wedding. It is scheduled to take place in a month.

3.5) Went into Williams Sonoma and used a gift card to buy a much coveted ice cream maker for myself. Let the ice cream making fun begin!!!

4) Started looking for the required footwear for the wedding. I discovered that it was a task that had to be momentarily abandoned, because it was much harder than I had anticipated! Josh showed much patience with me as I searched for the perfect pair of shoes. We used the rest of our time together to buy a wedding present for Tessa.

5) Left Grandparents' house around 6:00...and

6) Headed to the Botanical Gardens to help with my sister's bridal portraits
(While we were there, Taylor took some FABULOUS shots of my beautiful sister, Tessa. Can't show you those, but I can show you the funny pic She snapped of Milla girl. What a silly face!)



7)After the sun went down, ate at Panera with the family.

8) Finally arrived back home around 9:30...wondered what in the world the smell was that permeated our kitchen area? (The culprit was a milk spill that the kids had made the previous day and attempted to clean up, leaving a milk soaked hand towel on the floor.) Barf! Josh was sweet to unpack our car and help clean up the stinky mess. He also ironed the kids' clothes and set them out for church the next morning. What would I do without him?

9) Collapsed into bed, utterly exhausted

Quote of the night: (After spending most of a day in a HOT suburban, whose air conditioning works about as well as one of those Chinese hand held fans, Josh came in and, in a very serious tone, said, "Alright, this is the last summer that we are going to burn in our car." It just struck me as really funny! Seriously, though, I'm not hard to please. I will drive anything, but when a car's a.c. fails to work properly, I'm not a fan. :) For the last couple of years, the air conditioning hasn't worked well at all. This is fine during the months of October-May, but the rest of the year, it can get a little bit toasty.

Sunday-

1) Woke up at 6:00 a.m. to open our neighborhood pool and found that it had been trashed the night before! I spent my first hours of the day picking up other people's garbage and brooding over rude people and their ill-trained children.

2) Arrived back home and saw Mary Alice's smiling face as I walked in the door. My bad day automatically became great.:)

3) Made breakfast and started lunch, got myself and the kids ready for church

4) Arrived early for church, sat through an interesting and humorous VBS kickoff, laughed with Josh as we sat together in the training room at church, leaned on his arm and thought to myself how blessed I am to be married to him. :)

5) Took Milla to Bible class. (One of her teachers is sweet to e-mail us pictures of Milla each week along with a recap of how/what she did in Bible class. I look forward to receiving pictures in my inbox every Monday morning. Isn't she a sweet one?)



Surely you can tell from these pictures just how clever she is? :)

6) Came back home, wrapped Tessa's present, put finishing touches on lunch and ate with the fam (Josh cleaned up.)

7) Taylor swung by our house. Taylor, Mary Alice, Milla, and I rode to Tessa's wedding shower together. Side note: Taylor made the cutest cross stitch sampler for Tessa with their wedding date and everything. I always wished I had one of those.

8) Attended Tessa's shower. Laughed, visited with friends, showed off Milla, replied with a "No." to yet another person who asked me if I was pregnant. Man! Thought to myself that I may need to do take my fitness more seriously now that THREE people have asked me that question in the last couple of months. Sigh. (Really, though, I'm not bitter. It was just a simple mistake. Could've happened to any person, or even three persons.)

9) Went by the store on the way home to buy stuffed bears for VBS tonight

10) Ate a snow cone (This made me feel much better about the pregnancy weight! And, really, how many calories could shaved ice possibly have?)

11) Drove home.
(As I entered our neighborhood, I noticed a mega-HUGE party going on at the pool. I sincerely hoped that these party goers were more responsible than the hooligans who were at the pool on Saturday night...I will NOT be cleaning that mess up at 6:00 A.M. tomorrow. No way!)

12) Opted to stay home from VBS tonight. (Josh is taking the kiddoes while I stay home with one ultra tired Milla.)

I am off to bed!

Update: I totally ate my words about not cleaning up the pool area. When I arrived this morning to open the pool area, it was trashed AGAIN! I couldn't just leave it like that. I cleaned it up, followed by a strongly worded letter about personal accountability to the man in charge of our neighborhood pool. Some people are just so irresponsible!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you did have a very full weekend. I can sympathize with the no A/C problem. Our last car had no A/C for about three years. It was miserable (especially in high humidity)! Milla's pictures are precious! We miss you!!!

-Brook

Candice said...

Whew...I need a nap after only reading all that you did;).

Miranda said...

Wow...I thought I was tired on Sunday night. I'm not sure how you keep going and going like that! It was so good to see you this weekend!