Monday, December 12, 2005

Tis The Season To Be Busy

Whew! The play is officially over now and I am breathing a sigh of relief. Now we're on to other things around here... Christmas time is just too busy. I would be really happy with Christmas if we could just stick to gingerbread houses, advent Calendars, cheery songs, and love in our hearts. But, Christmas has become such a hectic time of year. It is just too much sometimes!

-While Kristen O'Quinn's blog states that her organized self has bought all but 2 of her Christmas presents, I have only bought 4. (not all but 4, just 4)
This means I still have 23 left to buy.. Kristen, how do you do it?


-Mary Alice's third annual Christmas tea party is this Thursday. I still have to bake cookies and other special treats, buy crafties, figure out how I am going to decorate the table, get my house clean, go the grocery store, etc. I keep thinking to advice I've heard on various decor shows that says you should use what you have around the house to decorate your party table. So, if I went by that little bit of decorating advice, I would be forced to decorate my table with taped together trash bags or some other hodge-podge creation. I don't think the trash bags would flatter my china and teacups very well. So, I guess I can add to my list acquiring table linens suitable enough for a little girls' tea party.


-Josh, in looking for my teacup collection (which I use every year for Mary Alice's tea party), drove out to storage to hunt for my teacups and card table. When he came back home, he arrived having brought not only my teacups, but a suburban-load full of boxes. Full boxes. Boxes that I have to unpack and figure out what in the world I am going to do with all the stuff inside! So, I have been busily bustling about today, throwing away, washing, and putting away miscellaneous items. I have killed many a spider today too. (If only Miranda had been here to help me, I'm sure I could've knocked it out so much more quickly. ;) But, as it is, I am still working working on a job that wasn't officially in my pre-tea party plans. Does anyone have any idea where I can find clear cellophane (like for wrapping things)? Do they have that at Wal Mart? I can't waste a minute of my time going to any unnecessary stores!


-We are still in the process of looking for a church home. We've found a church that we really like, but it just seems so far away! Any prayers would be greatly appreciated. I just can't feel a part of things down here until we've established a church home. We're definitely ready to do that- the sooner the better.

-I am now officially involved with BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). I was put on the waiting list for about a month and finally was called. What an unfortunate time of year for me to begin an in depth Bible study program. I have met some wonderful women and am glad to be a part of something so intense and challenging. However, I haven't really met the challenge this week and am VERY behind on my Bible reading. I think that will definitely be one of my New Years' resolutions.

-I love my family so much. Josh has been so sweet to me lately. He knows that I have a lot going on and has really helped me out. He took Major up to Frisco on Saturday so that I could get some things done around here. He took the kids Christmas shopping with him tonight so that I could finish unpacking those boxes. He even offered to do all of the Christmas shopping for me. (He has a long lunch break and works right by the mall. Lots of times, he spends his lunch break trying to dodge gossipy women, so I guess he felt like he could spare some of his dodging time and use it for Christmas shopping.) So, I officially have the sweetest, most thoughtful husband around.


-By the way, has anyone seen The Chronicles of Narnia yet? I have really been excited about that movie and would love to put all of my chores on hold, drop everything, and head to the local movie theatre, where it only costs $2.00 to watch any movie.

I know this was a really random post. Just thought I'd give a quick update on all of the things that are going on here. On a positive note, I just got finished rocking my two little ones and putting them to bed. There is nothing sweeter than singing and praying with your two little kids. They sing to each other and make each other laugh. What speshes!

4 comments:

Shanta said...

Girl! Slow down and have that tea party. And then, go see Chronicles of Narnia- such a sweet movie! We have become big C.S. Lewis fans and I think you guys would love it too.

Kristen OQ said...

I am not that organized -- just sometimes a little nutty about Christmas presents. That and it seems like we start sending presents the first week of December to out of town people, then Christmas with the in-laws this weekend, my parents the next weekend, etc.

I am really wanting to see Chronicles of Narnia too -- we are hoping to catch it sometime over the holidays when we are out of town and have grandparents to free babysit!

Unknown said...

To me, it seems that you are pretty organized to know that you have exactly 23 presents left to buy! Please take lots of pictures of Mary Alice's tea party. I bet the little girls will be so cute!

mcjacobsjournal said...

I hope the tea party went well! I love that you do that. What a special memory for Mary Alice as she gets older! I'm so glad to hear someone else say that the Christmas fun is sometimes more than we have time for! I have been hit with that this week....all this craziness for a time that is supposed to be about slowing down with family. Maybe we'll get to that by the time Christmas is actually here!

Your family is so sweet and I miss all of you so much! I love getting to hear about you, at least through a blog. I will be praying about your church search. I know that is so important and will make you feel so much more settled...unpacked boxes or not!