Monday, September 18, 2006

Autumn Idea Websites...

Real quick, for Julie and Anne.... Here are some of the websites I was talking about with the ideas for fun fall traditions. We are especially excited about making this seasonal tree and also like these ideas. I know this woman's website has several more interesting looking ideas for fall projects. She seems like one creative cat.

I also liked the ideas the fall festival last year on Girl Talk.

We also have the book Mrs. Sharp's Traditions on hold at the library. It seems like just the kindof book I would enjoy. We're having our fall party here to celebrate the first day of autumn. I'll fill you in on that later!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

We take the kids every year to the pumpkin farm and read the "Oxcart Man"(which you'll know if you watched Reading Rainbow"). Our kids love the pumpkin farm and look forward to it every year. I love making traditions for the kids and am always on the lookout for new ones!!

Anne said...

Thanks Amber! I can't wait to spend some time checking it all out! :)

Candice said...

To answer your question about kindergarten...we sought out advice as well and decided to wait for AK.

We are also thinking that we will try home schooling for kindergarten and possibly through elementary. It is very prevalent in our area and we will have a lot of resources and avenues for social exposure.

I like your intentional search for tradition. I think traditions are great and I like hearing new ideas.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Amber, for posting your ideas! I just wanted to officially say "Thank you"! :)