Friday, October 13, 2006

A Few Words About The Maje

Here are a few words about our guy. Sorry if this is a boring post. Just keeping track of what our Maje is saying and doing these days.

Major has a couple of imaginary friends named "Buddy" and "Simon". Buddy is a horse and Simon is a person, just in case you were wondering. I think Major invented them so that he would have someone new to play with. Mary Alice is fun, but she can a little bit bossy to Major when they play together. Their play usually involves Major playing tea party, school, or house with her. Today Buddy and Simon sat by us at lunch, went to the Rangers' game, got sick and had to stay in bed, and rode around in Major's hands, before he threw them up into the sky (because they like to fly high). Lots of times I'll hear Major off by himself talking to "Buddy" and "Simon". It's pretty funny.

Major plays baby dolls with one doll, George. I was cracking up at him the other day, because he was playing with George the same way his daddy plays with him. Major told me that George was a sweet baby. Major said that he was George's daddy and that George likes to (in a gruff voice) "HORSEPLAY!!" Then he flew him up in the air and said, (in his gruffest voice) "My baby George is SUPERMAN!!!" According to Major, George also enjoys playing baseball and going to Rangers' games. If Major is going to play with dolls, at least he makes them do manly things.

Major loves his "blankie" right now. Blankie is his BEST friend. His blankie is handmade by Josh's grandmother, his "Nima". The Nima Blankie goes lots of places with us. Major talks to his blankie sometimes like it is a person. This morning he told me that "Blankie was going to watch" him while he played with his cars. Today Blankie sat next to us while we ate popcorn, but "he didn't want any because he was already full".

Major's favorite color right now is pink. Every time he and his sister color in their coloring books together, Major requests a pink crayon. When I fill their glasses at mealtime, he asks for a pink cup. The other day, we went mini golfing. He asked for a pink golfball. (His dad gave him a blue golfball instead.) Major doesn't have any pink clothes, but if he did, I'm sure he would ask for those as well.

Another thing that Major likes to do right now is to watch clips from Vision Forum's Everyday News. I mentioned this in an earlier post. For a long time he loved to watch "Taking Care of the Ladies". His new favorite is a video clip about two boys skinning a dove. He says, "Mom, I wanna watch Everyday News Yuck Skin A Doug." I think we may have a future hunter on our hands. I don't know if you can get camouflage in pink, though.

When we are out driving, Major loves to point out the landmarks we see. He'll say, "That says Wosa's!" (Rosa's) "Look, there's Bible class!" Or his Dad's favorite (not really) "Look Mom, it's Hobby Lobby!" Just yesterday, he said, "Look Mom! It's my favowite place...the mall!" I don't know why he would say that. We rarely go to the mall. Maybe he likes the indoor playground they have there. That is what I'm hoping anyway. Josh was very disappointed when I told him that the mall was his son's favorite place to go. He didn't think it was quite as funny as I did.

We were at the doctor's office a few days ago. We saw two newborn babies who had just gotten their shots. They were screaming. Both of their mothers were trying to pay and get out of there quickly. Major looked at the babies and said, "We need to take care of those babies! They sad!"

Yesterday, I was on my way home from running some errands. Major yelled out, "Mom! This red stuff that is bothering me!" I figured it was the usual, a loose string on his carseat or a bandaid that fell off or some other unimportant thing. I just ignored him until Mary Alice yelled, "Quick Mom! You better look! It is blood and it is all over Major!! Thankfully, we were close to home. I pulled into the garage. Major's carseat, hands, face, and mouth were covered in blood. It was everywhere! I pulled over and tried to figure out just where the blood was coming from. I figured out that he had a bloody nose. I was surprised at how much "red stuff" was there to bother him. It was nasty! I guess I'll pay attention the next time that Major lodges a complaint about something bothering him.

I put a diaper on Major last night. One of the fasteners pulled off. I went and got some masking tape and taped his diaper on before bed. When he came into our room this morning, I heard him tell Josh, "Hey Dad, I got tape on my buns!"

Major is a big momma's boy lately. There is nothing cuter than when he plays with my hair and says things like, "Mom, I lu you." I am a bit confused by his behavior when I drop him off at Bible class or BSF, though. He cries when I drop him off because he wants to stay with me. Then he cries when I pick him up because he is sorry to see me so soon. Maybe he has problems with transition? I don't know. Maybe he doesn't know what he wants. This is really unlike him and started within the past month or so. Hopefully, he'll grow out of it.

We revel in nerdy family activity time at the Smith house. The kids love for me to pull up websites that have old hymn music on them. We select different tunes and sing together before bed at night. We sing along with the instrumental accompaniment to good old renditions of songs like "He Leadeth Me" (especially sweet when Mary Alice the girl sings it), and "Do You Know My Jesus?". I love to do this and so do the kids. I think I most enjoy hearing their sweet little voices. Precious! They choose a favorite hymn and we sing it together. One night Mary Alice requested a particular hymn of interest, so we listened to it. Big mistake! That hymn, known as "Dust On the Bible" is the goofiest thing ever! Guess which hymn is Major's request each and every time we sit down to sing? "Dust On the Bible" is now a must at our family sing alongs.

One phrase that can be heard repeatedly from Major right now is "Hey Mom! Wook at my new twick!" He really likes to show us the "new twicks" he can do. They are usually things like throwing a ball as high as he can, wearing a plastic bag as a hat, or some funny dance he made up. Our guy really likes attention (from us at least).

I guess that's it about Major. I just felt like he was being extra cute lately, so I thought I'd jot it down.

4 comments:

jenny biz said...

What a blessing little Major is!! :) Your stories made me laugh! I am sure that was really scary with his nose bleed though! YIKES!

hollyfouts said...

Miller and Major sound like 2 peas in a pod....Miller loves to play with baby dolls, loves his blankie, loves pink, and gets excited about a trip to the mall (he likes throwing pennies in the fountain--the indoor playgrounds in malls haven't made it to LA yet)

And I love that the Smiths love nerdy family activities....those are the most fun and make for the best memories.

Barefeet Photography said...

Hey Amber, I finally decided to keep and maintain a blog... they're all recent pictures that I've taken. You can check it weekly for fun new posts!

Alisha Stewart said...

I miss Major and Mary Alice. I think we are coming up this weekend because Adam has a meeting in Temple about the Mexico mission trip. Hopefully we can see you guys.