Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Tea Party With The Ugly Stepsisters



Friday, I took the kids to my parents' house. My mom had promised Mary Alice that she would throw her the biggest and best tea party and that she and Hannah would dress up as the ugly stepsisters. True to her word, she threw a fabulous tea party that Mary Alice and Major thoroughly enjoyed.






When we arrived, we were greeted by the ugly stepsisters, Anastasia and Drizella in their funny costumes. Not only did they have on costumes, but were also in character. I don't think Mary Alice knew quite what to think about the ugly stepsisters who argued over who was the prettiest, shoe size, etc. Uncle Ben was nice enough to wear a costume, even though I know it is not exactly his cup of tea, so to speak. He would do just about anything for Mary Alice and Major, though. Ben dressed up as "the butler" and followed Mary Alice's orders to play Christmas songs and The Music Man Soundtrack on the piano. We ate all kinds of delicacies and drank lots and lots of tea and punch. The kids had so much fun!

What a feast!!! (Major ate so much he had a tummy ache.)



The girl in her princess costume



Two funny stepsisters...



Ben (a.k.a. the butler)



More to come on the fall festivals that we attended this weekend. So much fun! I just love the fall!

10 comments:

Erica said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a super memory for Mary Alice and Major to have as they get older. I would have loved to have seen their faces. Did you wear your prettiest princess dress too?

Amber Smith said...

No. Unfortunately, I came a bit underdressed in my gym clothes. You better believe that the stepsisters let me know about it too!

Kristen OQ said...

Your ENTIRE family is so much fun! I want an invitation from them to a tea party!

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Major is going to be a pro at tea parties at a very young age. Your family is seriously so much fun! I may have to move close to you, so my kids can do these fun things. : ) How many siblings do you have? So far, I count a total of 4 of you (including you).

Anonymous said...

I am moving in with your family---y'all are so much fun! I see where you get your creativity (and your looks--your mom is beautiful!)

Candice said...

What a fun Gran Mary Alice has!

Traci said...

You and your family do the most fun things with your kids!! I always enjoy what you have going on next! I wish you lived nearby!!!

jenny biz said...

Such a fun, creative family!! What great memories!

Amber Smith said...

Kate-
There are six of us kids. Four girls, two boys. Oh-yes-and- I would gladly welcome any friends who want to move nearby. :)

hollyfouts said...

That is the most fun tea party I've ever seen. Avery would have been in heaven!