Monday, October 02, 2006

YEE HAW!

The last few days have been VERY busy for the Smith family. On Friday night, Hannah came to stay with the kids, while Josh and I went to Fright Fest with Chad and Miranda. It was fun, but I learned that with each passing year, my body grows less and less tolerant of roller coasters. My nausea might have been due to the fact that we rode nearly every major ride in Six Flags in about two hours. It might have been due to the fact I am getting older. I felt like a weinie and didn't want to admit to the group that I was feeling rather sickly. Once I realized that Chad was feeling sick also, I didn't feel so bad.

This time I realized why most of those in attendance at Six Flags are in the under twenty age group. I used to think that older people were just fuddy duds for not going to Six Flags. I guess I am slowly joining the ranks of the fuddy duds. I might give up some of the roller coasters, but I will NEVER give up going to Six Flags. It is just too much fun! I love the atmosphere of Six Flags. And there is no better time to go than October. The weather is cool. There are absolutely NO lines. And if there does happen to be a line for the Titan, all you have to do is eat a live Madagascar roach and you will zoom straight to the front!

Saturday and Sunday were busy with sports events, birthday parties, and church. Josh and I are also taking an eight week long Dynamic Marriage class up at the church. We committed to it thinking it was a series of lectures. What we didn't know was that it requires MEGA preparation and daily homework. Like we have time for that! Blah. We shouldn't really have committed to it right now, but are doing are best to get the homework done so that we can get the full benefits of the course. So, anyway, if I seem a little exhausted when you talk to me, it is because I feel like I am in college again. I have homework from various places running out my ears right now!!



On to today- Today was great. Josh didn't have to go to work today. It was homeschool day at Mainstay Farm. Josh and I took the kids out there for some good family time outside. We played on hay bales, went on a hay ride, roasted marshmallows, played in a giant tree fort, played on a fun playground, saw some goats, and picked our own pumpkins to take home.




The next couple of pictures are the kids on the hayride. A Christian husband/wife team run the farm and use their farm to tell people about Jesus. The wife led our hayride and was super funny, telling the kids to yell out "YeeHaw!" I got a picture of Major as he yelled it out. That was his favorite part of the hayride. He kept yelling "Yeehaw!" again and again throughout the ride.

The kids loved being outside at this special place and had much more fun than I thought they would. I think it was even more fun because their daddy got to spend so much time with them. We came home and ate lunch and the kids and I crashed. We were exhausted!

We are planning on spending the next few days at home. My house REALLY needs a little bit of TLC. It is falling apart! The next few days are going to be "work days" for us. This is how it goes for us, a few busy days, then a few days at home. That is the only way I keep my sanity. I have to be going now. Homework is calling my name! AAAAGGGHHH!


9 comments:

Holly said...

That really sounds like a neat place. Good luck with the homework. I just like giving it out, not doing it! :)

Anonymous said...

Amber,

SIX FLAGS AND GETTING OLD! I remember when I went back in '97 when we were first married. I got such a headache from the rollercoasters (so did Jer). It was quite disappointing, actually, when I realized that it's because I was getting OLD!! Bummer, huh?!

Love,
Min

Phillips Family said...

Tobe and I used to get season passes to Six flags every year, until we both felt so sick after riding a few rollar coasters that we just wanted to go home, watch the news, and go to bed. It is a sign of old age when you can no longer ride a rollar coaster seven times in a row with no ill effects.

Alisha Stewart said...

How come everything is so much cooler where you guys are? The pumpkin patch we went to just had pumpkins. No fair:) I'm glad you guys are having fun though. We are coming up for Landon's 2nd birthday so keep your plans open. We are going to party hardy!!

Unknown said...

You guys are so much fun! I can't even remember the last time I rode a roller coaster. I just looked up pumpkin patches in our area and am hoping to take Jackson sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Amber-

You are just becoming a regular photographer! If you get any better, you might just rival my job! Anyway, the kiddos are just looking so old...can't wait to see them at thanksgiving!

Sarah B said...

Hey Amber,
I was so glad to find your blog again! Your kiddos are getting so big!
MaKieley commented on how pretty Mary Alice looked! Also, that she really liked her necklace!
We enjoyed reading about your fall party! We are now going to bob for apples, with googles of course!
I am glad to see that your family is doing well and God is blessing you!
Love to each of you!
Sarah, MaKieley and Marley

Nicole said...

It has been many years since I was able to ride The Giant without getting a headache. I think I just need to stay off of wooden roller coasters. On every other roller coaster, I am constantly thinking about all the things that can go wrong and how easily I could fall out. Yep, I'm old too!

Loved the pics of the pumpkin patch...sounds like a great day!

Anonymous said...

I'm up for Six Flags again... I think we can do better! Fright Fest is only till the end of the month...