Friday, February 09, 2007

A Little Bit Of Wisdom From Mary Alice

Man! I sure have been posting alot lately! Don't expect my enthusiasm for blogging to continue. The fact that I have posted three times this week is merely a coincidence. I just had to tell this story that happened to me yesterday.

I was laying in bed with Mary Alice just talking with her.

Me: Hey girl, what do you think you'll be when you grow up?

Girl: I don't know. Maybe a librarian?

Me: Why a librarian?

Girl: Because I think it would be fun.

Me: What would be so fun about being a librarian?

Girl: Well, I could just sell books to people all day and lay around and take my sweet time doing it.

Me: (laughing) That sounds like fun. Well, what about kids? How many kids do you think you'll have?

Girl: I don't know, Mom. That is up to the Lord to decide.

Me: (dumbly) Well I know that Mary Alice, but how many would you like to have....if the Lord gives you children?

Girl: MOM! I don't know! I can't control that. It is up to the Lord! He decides if a person can have babies!

Me (a.k.a. lame parent not letting God teach me something): I know that...but how many do you think you would like to have???

Girl: I'd like to have lots of babies, six, no... ten children, but God gives babies and he will decide whether or not I will have any children at all. And that will be okay.

Aha! I FINALLY got what God was trying to tell me through my little girl. If only I can remember what I've learned.

3 comments:

hollyfouts said...

Sweet girl! And so much wiser than all of us silly grown-ups:)

mcjacobsjournal said...

Wow....that Mary Alice. I always find myself completely AMAZED when the Lord uses my children to share wisdom with me. And, He sure does it alot! Children really are so much more willing to accept those "simple truths" that God tells us over and over as adults!

And, by the way, your last post about the GirlTalk blog....I also read their blog daily and LOVED the dinner ideas. I already printed it out so I could remember those for later. :)

Melanie said...

I love those AHA moments from our most precious ones! If only I caught on quicker!