Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pictures of the Kids Having Fun

These first few snow pics are from the week that we went to my parents' house.


My little "snow angel"


Major didn't like the snow. He said it was too cold!!! He kept going outside to play and then crying because he wanted to come back inside. He would come back into the house just long enough to warm up, then would want to go back outside again!


Mary Alice, however, LOVED the snow and played outside for a long time!


Here is a picture of Josh and Mary Alice right before he took her on a dad's and girl's date. They rode the train to Dallas and went to eat at the "big ball",a.k.a. Reunion Tower. Mary Alice had been wondering about this restaurant for quite some time. We mentioned to her that there was a restaurant inside that spun around and around, to which she replied, "How does the food stay on the plates?" Funny girl. (P.S. My husband is a hottie.)



The kids played in the dirt all last week. They kept tracking mud inside, so I responded by shampooing my carpets and buying them mud boots. They have been wearing their beloved boots almost everywhere. They built a little town outside, complete with a forest, a pond, a mountain, and lots of little stone houses. Major doesn't really like to get dirty, but even he enjoys the mud, just as long as I wash off his hands every once and a while between constructions.



Major playing in the dirt with his tractor


A bit of earth...


This just made me smile...


A quick break for a picnic lunch. They are lovin it!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

So fun! I need to see those kids soon! I miss them so much! Give them big hugs for me.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see you guys this weekend!! I'm so happy that you will be coming to Harding for the first time. oh yes... and do not forget about the chocolate fountain. Also, we may have to come up with some more "pure" games because of a certain someone's mom. I've tried to get ahold of you, but you haven't answered your phone or returned calls. oh well. We will talk about it when you get here, I guess. (videocamera?? I don't have access to one at the moment... so, bring one!) I love you guys!

Traci said...

I love the picture of Mary Alice in the snow and especially the one of Major crying!!! Too cute!

Is Mary Alice in school this year?

Amber Smith said...

Traci-
No. She will start kindergarten in the fall. She would've been one of the youngest in her class, so we decided to wait.