Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Tea Party

This is a record for me! I posted three separate posts in one day! We've been busy!!

Yesterday, Mary Alice had a Valentines' Tea Party. She had been so excited all week. We worked hard for a few days before the party making cookies, cleaning house, etc. On the day of the party, we were setting the tables with fancy tablecloths, making place cards, and setting the girls' places at the table. She was helping me lay platters out in different places and helped me decide where everything needed to be placed. Mary Alice said, "Mom, I don't think I've ever had this much fun!" We had lots of good girl time together while we were getting ready for the tea. We made lots of little cookies and tea party treats. Fun stuff. Major was sad when he saw that there wasn't a place set for him at the tea party table. "What about me?" he said. "Where is my place? Don't you care about guys?" I told him that he could sit with me at the party. Major decided to "dress up" too and came downstairs wearing his beard and mustache. He kept talking in a low voice and continued to use his "pirate voice" throughout the tea party. That boy cracks me up!


Mary Alice had five people in attendance at her tea party, six including Major. All of the girls were instructed to come in their dress up clothes. They were all very "ladylike" at first. They were so excited about all of the fun they were having, though, that they soon forgot any manners that they were supposed to have. They spent much of the party stuffing their face with goodies. Maybe it was the chocolate fountain that elicted such behavior? It was funny. I was glad to see these sweet little girls having so much fun. One tiny little girl ate SIX chocolate covered strawberries!! You can see her chocolately teeth in one of the pictures I posted.

The tea party was a success!























7 comments:

Melanie said...

So cute! I love all the pictures of past and present! We had a Sweetheart Tea for Ashlyn this year and had so much fun! The girls loved it. They acted so lady like at first and by the end they just wanted to play American Idol!

Miranda said...

So much fun! I wish we lived closer so I could come dressed up for a tea party sometime!

jenny biz said...

Your desserts look soo yummy!! I miss your good cookin'! The girls look so cute!

Prince Edward said...

What a fun party -- wish I could have come myself! All the sweet treats looked delicious.

And Major in a beard was a crack up!

mcjacobsjournal said...

I LOVE your tea parties---it is such a cute idea and something that Mary Alice will remember for the rest of her life. :) What sweet pictures of your big girl. I enjoyed seeing the way she has changed over "tea party history" too! I'm glad it was a good party, especially with your yummy chocolate fountain!!!

Unknown said...

I am a little jealous of Mary Alice and her tea parties, I must admit. It looks like so much fun! Her party dress is too cute, and the food looks very yummy! I think Valentine's Day is a pretty fun time to have a girlie tea party. Christmas would be fun also, but you are right that Valentine's Day is less hectic.

Nicole said...

What a yummy party! You set such a pretty table. I loved the stroll down memory lane and seeing how little Emma looked those first two years! I thought she was such a big girl and seeing her in those pictures reminds me how little she really was. I totally remember Mary Alice stripping down to nothing at the first party! Hilarious!