Friday, February 16, 2007

Perspective

Set your mind on things above, not on the things of this earth. Colossians 3:2

But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head. Psalm 3:3

The Lord says, "My thoughts are not like your thoughts. Your ways are not like my ways." Isaiah 55:8

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ. Philippians 3:8

And my God will fully satisfy every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

These are just some verses that I came across, just some things that I've been thinking about lately. I tend to focus far too much on the things of this world and not nearly enough on things above. Too often, I look to people, places, and earthly circumstances to meet my needs and wind up feeling frustrated by them, instead of looking to God, the only one who does not disappoint. I've been reminded once again of God's sovereignty in all things, of His working all things out according to His plan and how He is working all things for good for me right now on earth....and forever.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I found a really good blog I think you might enjoy! www.lifesong-kim.blogspot.com She has really good articles on modesty and raising girls!

Jacinda said...

Romans 8:28-good one!

Sarah B said...

I love Psalms 3! Thank you for the reminder!
In looking back on Mary Alice's tea parties I saw MaK in one of the first ones - they were so little then! I had to go pull out the pictures we took that day! MaKieley said I still love drinking out of that glass! (About the Santa glasses you gave each girl!) What great memories!
Have a great week!

jenny biz said...

I am with you 100% on your thoughts. I look WAY too much on things of this earth for my knowledge and acceptance. LOVE these verses! Thanks for sharing!!

Ashley said...

Man, that is the most worthwhile blog I have read in forever. Thanks for sharing that and for being such a sweet friend.