Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Days Of School

I can already tell that this year is going to be a little bit tricky. Here are some pics from the first few days of school. I wish I could have taken a picture of the kids in their new school clothes. The problem is, I haven't bought them yet. :) Not to worry, my preparation of their curriculum is thorough, even if they don't have a thread of new clothing. I'll get to it...one day. Maybe when the weather starts to get chilly? The hot weather makes me more inclined to stay inside the comfort of our nice cool house, rather than face the heat and the mall. Yuck! Maybe later.

Here is a pic of Major on his first day of Kindergarten. He brought his Magna Doodle in after breakfast showed it to me. I love his invented spelling. He is always writing words and asking me if he has the correct spelling. I usually say, "Oh! I can see why you sounded it out that way! That makes sense."

He usually replies with something like, "Yeah I know, but is it spelled RIGHT?" He doesn't care so much about the process, but about the product.


Translation: "Mom School is about to start."

Mary Alice really enjoys the fact that Major is in school now. Yesterday she told him, "Handwriting doesn't seem so bad when I have you sitting here beside me." I quickly snapped a picture.



One little problem... Milla is into everything! It can't be helped. This stage will soon pass. I sure am glad to have this sweet little distraction around. She makes the days so much more interesting. :)


Major wanted to lay on the floor and work on his math. Milla thought she'd help out. He thought she was funny...at first.


Her tricks slowly became less and less funny as she pulled his hair, climbed on his math book, and tried to tear the pages. Milla thought it was such an exciting game!




Today Major decided that the floor was probably not the best place to do his work, at least, not with this little scooter around.



I'll type more about the first days of school later. This is going to be an exciting year!

4 comments:

hollyfouts said...

I thought about you this week as I STRUGGLED to get Avery through about an hour of homework while Miller and Elizabeth wrestled and E hung off of me and got into stuff. I truly don't know how homeschool moms do it with a smile everyday. It takes a special person. I hope you and your kids have a great year!

Alisha Stewart said...

I'm sure you'll do a great job, even with a sweet little distraction!
Tell the Maje that he can get his swing on at the party. We found a pinata:)

Alyssa said...

Lauren is the same way about inventive spelling. She only wants it to be correct.. and will look in books or anywhere else to see how to spell it correctly. I love my little visual learner :)

Hannah said...

Bahaha. Tell Mary Alice that handwriting was not my favorite either. :)