Monday, August 10, 2009

Milla, the Terrible Eater

Milla has started on solids. She has been trying lots of new things. For our Milla, "Variety is the spice of life!" We have to watch her pretty carefully. She seems to want to put almost everything in her mouth. Some of her favorites are painted toenails, shoes, and bits and pieces of things left lying on the floor. If anything is left out, sweet Milla will find it....and EAT it!

Here are a few pics of Milla trying some new "foods"...

Blueberries, yes?


Oh, YES!


Carrots, yes?


No thanks!


Swim towels are always a nice snack!


How about some of the stuff in that green bottle? Yum!


With the other kids, I was always so by the book, trying things for three days before moving on to other foods, etc. This time, though, we've had a few times of desperation that have led to Milla trying things that would raise the eyebrows of her pediatrician. For example, she didn't like the freshly steamed carrots that I served her (sans seasoning, because babies aren't supposed to have it.) She kept eyeing my plate that night at dinner, so I had to give in. She ate carrots right off of my plate. She decided that my carrots (lightly seasoned with a little salt and pepper) were oh-so-much better. She's no dummy! :)

On Sunday, we went out to lunch with friends. I had just nursed Milla, so I thought she wouldn't need to eat any baby food. I was WRONG! She saw and wanted what we had so... we gave her some Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes.

We're putting her back on a strict baby food diet starting today. It's back to offerings of unseasoned butternut squash and sweet potatoes and such, that is, when she isn't munching on crumbs off of our floor and sneaking bites of people's toenails.

4 comments:

holly fouts said...

It's too easy to forget about those "rules" with the third. I remember going out to dinner when elizabeth was aroound 9-10 months. I was pretty relaxed about letting her eat off of our plates. I fed her 3-4 boiled shrimp and commented about how much she loved them. Then someone at the table said "hope she's not allergic". I panicked b/c I had really thought about it before offering her such a high allergy food. I checked on her several times in her crib that night, but she survived!

Kim said...

So funny! I remember those days! I think my youngest 2 started eating what we were eating very soon...much sooner than my oldest. We did not use baby food for long.

She is so sweet! What beautiful eyes!

Nicole said...

Sometimes, Milla looks like Mary Alice and other times she looks just like Major! What a fun blend of all of you.

Regarding the food...peanut butter, honey and other "allergy" foods made their entrance to Brooke's life a lot earlier than Emma's. So it goes...

Mary said...

That sweet Milla girl! She's so presh, I'm looking forward to seeing more of her (and Mary Alice and Maje as well!). Wednesdays work for us and September will be great. Looking forward to it! :)