Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Must NOT See Movies

Last week, while Josh and the kids were away, I was flipping through the channels on the tv, and came across the most hideously ridiculous movie. I saw a goofy looking clown with sharp teeth jumping around and trying to scare a group of junior high aged kids. It was one of the silliest things I'd ever seen. I flipped back and forth, between that and another show. Each time I would flip back to the channel with the silly clown, I would start laughing. Folks, there are some baaad movies out there. I don't see movies that often, but I know a dud when I see it. So- I decided to compose a short list of MUST NOT SEE movies.....


Movies I've Found To Be Utterly Worthless....

1) Dancer, Texas: The plot consists of a group of four people sitting in the middle of a west Texas road in their lawnchairs.

2) Shadowlands: Anthony Hopkins, I believe. Slow movement, slow music, slow. This is, however, a good movie to fall asleep to.

3) It: A silly clown movie in which a goofy looking clown tries to terrify junior high aged students.

4) Arlington Road: I watched this with my sister in law, Miranda. It is the only movie that has ever left me feeling depressed for days.

5) Superman IV-A Quest For Peace- I am a huge Smallville fan, so I do enjoy cheese, but this was just too much!

6) Heart of Dixie- I saw this in the theatre when I was about 10 or so. My little friends and I were so bored by this one that we entertained ourselves by performing gymnastic tricks up and down the aisle. (If the theatre wasn't empty when the movie started, it surely was by the end.)

7) Pee Wee's Big Adventure- Ironically,this was a personal fave when I was little. I made the mistake of insisting we rent it when Josh and I were dating. Some childhood movie memories are better left alone.

8) Dumb and Dumber or Dumberer (or whatever): I fail to be amused by bodily functions and etc. I know lots of people do not share my dislike for this movie, but I feel that the title says it all...


Feel free to add to my bad movie list. Have a great day!

4 comments:

jenny biz said...

The movie "The Office"!! What a whip!! A lot of people thought that was funny! Not really!

Hannah Ruthie said...

Hey Amber...I have a blog now. I totally agree with Dancer, Texas. That was the most boring movie ever. I very strongly dislike The Calendar girls. My friends insisted on renting it. It was either that or some nasty horror movie. yuck.
my blog is
hannahjapana.blogspot.com

leslie said...

I'm sorry, but I have to say The Aviator. I know this was nominated for many awards. But it was soooo boring. I fell asleep like 3 times. Leo is still a cutie though.

Unknown said...

Hey Amber! This is Kate (Barclay) from club, and I found your blog through Leslie Mayo's. I just wanted to add two more movies to your list. "What Dreams May Come" and "One Hour Photo." Sadly, these both have Robin Williams in them, and I usually like him; however, these two movies were terrible, and "One Hour Photo" was frankly very disturbing. Anyway, hope everything is well. I will try to keep in touch through your blog, and you can check mine if you want.