Monday, April 23, 2007

A Few Sweet Words

This is a letter that Mary Alice wrote to me yesterday:

(On outside of letter)
To Mommy.com !
From Mary Alice.com !


(On inside of letter)
Dear Mommy,
I Love you
Youre the Best parents In the world

Disneys are not good or the best

the Bible Is
The Holy Bible

I Love you Dad and Major And Me

Love you

Love, Mary Alice



Earlier this week, I found this short letter that she had written:

I worship You God and Jesus.
Love, Mary Alice


So precious!!! I'm putting these letters in a little box that I keep in the top of my closet. I just love her sweet, innocent heart.


Also, I was getting her ready for church yesterday. She was wearing a green smocked dress. I was curling her hair. She said, "This dress is so pretty. Mom, I just don't deserve this dress."

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"We don't deserve anything that we have." she said sweetly. "This dress is a gift straight from heaven. God gives us everything we have, even though we don't deserve anything."

What sweet words!!!! Once again, God used my little girl to remind me that every blessing we have is a gift from above.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a sweet heart! Love those letters! We have special boxes for each child and then a special box for mommy and daddy (they are actually storage containers, since our special boxes keep growing!)

hollyfouts said...

Such a sweet and wise little girl. After Lane and I got married I found a note tucked away in his childhood Bible that said...
Dear Mom and Dad,
Thank you for giving me the miracle of life! Love, Kennie Lane Fouts
It makes me giggle to think about it. I returned it to his mom....who knows how old he was when he wrote it. Definitely little things to treasure.