Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mary Alice and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Mary Alice's play opens this weekend. Here are a few pictures from one of her rehearsals.


Here is Joseph in his amazing coat. It really was amazing! The woman with the blue shirt is Sheryl. Sheryl is an incredible seamstress and spent countless hours, literally DAYS making this dreamcoat for Joseph. Much of the material in the coat came from my mom's old scraps. My mom has a pretty neat collection of different fabrics, doesn't she? Everyone comes to my mom whenever they need a cool costume. My mom is the one in the orange shirt.



Here we have Potiphar's wife. Her dress is made out of an old formal that my sisters and I wore long ago. I actually wore it on my honeymoon. It didn't used to look anything like what you see in this picture, I promise.

I had to include Potiphar's wife along with something cute that Mary Alice said a few months ago. When asked if she would like to be in a play about the story of Joseph, she was adamant. She said, "Mom! There aren't any girls in that story...and I AM NOT going to be Potiphar's wife!!!" Gotta love my sweet girl.



Next we have the Ishmaelites and their camel. I don't know which was funnier, these goofy looking Ishmaelites or their camel?





The rest of the pictures are of Mary Alice singing and dancing. She boogies with lots of gusto. These pictures only capture a fraction of the funniness of Mary Alice dancing.























My sister,Taylor, and my Mary Alice girl after play practice.. Poor girl, she has a stye in her eye right now. She had one during the last play she was in also. She looks so tired!



Only eight more performances to go! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures of the girl! The costumes do look amazing and colorful! I really hope I am able to come home this weekend with Taylor and Scot to see it!

-Tessa

Jordan said...

That is my absolute favorite musical! The costumes are spectacular, but who notices the costumes with a little cutie like Mary Alice on stage?
Jordan

Traci said...

I am always so impressed at that Mary Alice. She is so smart and talented!

Alisha Stewart said...

Papa tells me she stole the show! Adam starts work Wednesday but maybe he'll get off this weekend so we can come see it.
Sorry about the pic you asked about. I took it with the camera phone and don't know how to put it on the computer. I'm working on a new post with pics though.

mcjacobsjournal said...

That looks so good!! We can't wait to see Mary Alice in action again. :) I'll email you about that...

I love seeing her dance moves! And, that coat is AMAZING!!! See you soon!

Melanie said...

So cute! Great pics!! What a little star you have. Old wives tale is to rub gold on the sty to make it go away.