Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer Fun

The kids just finished taking swimming lessons. I have never put either of them in lessons before. I didn't really know what to expect. I guess I just assumed that they would learn how to swim in two weeks. I was pretty ignorant. Basically, it was just an intro to the water type class. They should have fun practicing their newly acquired skills of blowing bubbles, breathing out underwater, and pouring water on their heads in the bathtub. :) They had lots of fun and are now ready for something a little more challenging.


















Major and I have gotten to spend lots of time together each day while Josh and the girl are at play practice. Major has been teaching me how to play cars, which is something that doesn't come naturally to a girly girl like me. I was trying to snap some pictures of him playing with his car. He saw me and decided to be a silly for the camera.




On Friday, the kids and I built a house underneath our kitchen table. Here they are, showing off our masterpiece. We played dolls, ate food, read books, and told stories with flashlights....all in the comfort of our tiny abode.



7 comments:

Julia said...

They sure aren't camera shy, are they?!?!

hollyfouts said...

There is nothing better to my kids than a homemade fort of some kind like yours. Makes me wonder why we even buy toys at all.

Miranda said...

So fun!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

they are so funny! I love the funny faces!

Kim said...

It looks like they enjoyed their swimming lessons...I have not given lessons for my younger 2 yet...probably next summer. They use safety seals right now and that works well.

Kim

Alisha Stewart said...

Landon is missing the kids. The other night he asked if they could come over to our house for supper. He wasn't very excited when we explained that we couldn't call you guys 5 min before and still have you make it in time:(

When things slow down at the Smith house you should come and see us!

Amber Smith said...

Alisha-
I heard about Landon's arm! Poor buddy! I am glad that he is okay. I'll bet between Landon and Major, we have a few more trips to the emergency room in our future.

Tonight I took Major on a date. Major and I were talking about Landon at dinner too! Too funny!