Monday, June 25, 2007

Silly Heads

We went to the Botanical Gardens on Saturday with my parents. My mom made a delicious picnic for all of us to share. Yum! The trip to the gardens was wonderful. Everything was so beautiful! We listened to the symphony play tunes from various movies, including Star Wars and E.T. The night ended with a laser light show and a fireworks display. The gardens also had Star Wars characters roaming around. My sis got some pictures of Major with Darth Vader and other Star Wars characters. We opted not to get pictures made with the scantily clad Princess Leia. She was scandalous!!! She wasn't the nicely dressed Leia we all know and love in a solid white tunic type thing, but instead wore something that was not appropriate for this family event. She looked very nasty indeed!

One other random thing that happened...At the end of the fireworks show, several balls of fire from fireworks that had not yet burned out came plummeting toward us. One landed right at my sister's feet, barely missing her. Another landed on the blanket of the people in front of us. As I saw the balls of fire coming, I grabbed Major and covered him up with my arms. This scared him and he started crying. Poor buddy. Here are a few pictures of that night.


This is my mom and Major being sillies! Now you see where he gets his face making talents!


Newlyweds Scot and Taylor, and Major and Tessa... Tessa is leaving for a mission trip to Africa soon. She will be in Africa this time next week.


I had to include these next few pictures... A few days ago, I heard Major voice shouting from the bathroom, "MOMMY! COME WIPE MY BOT--TOM!" When I rounded the corner I saw this... I ran to get the camera. I took the first picture. When he realized that I was laughing at him, he saw his chance to be funny and made the second face. He is such a ham!







Here he is, being a silly again! He was dressing up and put this thing on his head. Of course, the camera was close by...



These next pics are of a hot day last week. The kids really really wanted to go outside, even though it was steaming hot. They put on all of their gear, which included hats, boots, and, at one point, an umbrella. After about fifteen minutes or so, they came inside to rest and drink Kool-aid. I thought they looked so precious as they were playing in the dirt. I'm sure everyone thinks this about their own children, but I think these sweet ones are just precious...little gifts from God!









Mary Alice and me and Mary Alice and her Daddy before one of her play performances





Major talking with his Daddy

7 comments:

Miranda said...

You keep taking such great pictures of the kids! I keep changing my screen saver at work.

Love you guys!

Melanie said...

Love the pic of Major. What a Ham.

mcjacobsjournal said...

You're right! Your sweet kiddos ARE precious....and you take the best pictures of them. :) I love the one of you and Mary Alice. Two beautiful girls. And, the one of Major talking to Josh makes me want to know what was being said....so cute!

jenny biz said...

Those are great!! You have such a great family!!

Unknown said...

Sweet pictures! Major's pictures definitely made me laugh out loud. Funny boy!

Anonymous said...

I love you guys. Can we eat a meal together before I leave for Africa? (Friday or Saturday?) I just made a little blog... hmmm... mostly because I enjoy seeing pictures of the kids!

Candice said...

I've always had a slight fear of sparks/fireballs coming towards me while watching fireworks. I just thought I was being paranoid until now :).

Your children are so sweet and carefree! What a joy for life they have!